Any good respray shop to recommend?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Ingress has it's own body and paint shop in Kepong, it's about 8km from Ingress, they only serve cars from Ingress and it's B!W QC

guys i wanna ask, those workshop outside, what paint do they use? are they the same as bmw's original & quality paints?

ie. my car is sapphire black. if i respray outside, they spray with black color... it wont be the same as the sapphire black that i got from bmw right?

schwarz;849050 said:
guys i wanna ask, those workshop outside, what paint do they use? are they the same as bmw's original & quality paints?

ie. my car is sapphire black. if i respray outside, they spray with black color... it wont be the same as the sapphire black that i got from bmw right?

Many spray shops will use their experience to mix and create your Sapphire Black by using any brand of locally-made paint systems. They are driven by most car owners' reluctance to pay a 2013 price for any spray job.

To replicate your Sapphire Black in the technically correct way (which is much more expensive) with no guesswork, the only method is to use the Colour Code and order the paint from the supplier. It could be BASF, PPG or any other imported brands. If you were to compare "per liter" price of these imported brands vs local brands, the price diff is significant, and you must be prepared.

Another area of concern is, you're only spraying the "outside" which normally excludes the doorjamb area. Pls be prepared that the new coat of "technically correct" Sapphire Black might not match the aged Sapphire Black in you door jamb and sill areas. When you open doors and trunk, it could be noticeable.

- - - Updated - - -

schwarz;849050 said:

Many spray shops will use their experience to mix and create your Sapphire Black by using any brand of locally-made paint systems. They are driven by most car owners' reluctance to pay a 2013 price for any spray job.

To replicate your Sapphire Black in the technically correct way (which is much more expensive) with no guesswork, the only method is to use the Colour Code and order the paint from the supplier. It could be BASF, PPG or any other imported brands. If you were to compare "per liter" price of these imported brands vs local brands, the price diff is significant, and you must be prepared.

Another area of concern is, you're only spraying the "outside" which normally excludes the doorjamb area. Pls be prepared that the new coat of "technically correct" Sapphire Black might not match the aged Sapphire Black in you door jamb and sill areas. When you open doors and trunk, it could be noticeable.

Mitchwsl;822726 said:
My 2011 325 msport is full of stone chip all over d front bumper,both fenders,bonnet,side mirrors,etc...
I'm m planning to spray d few items above at ingress BMW. Is it a gd idea??

The colour of your vehicle plays an important part in where and how much you shd spend to repray its front end. If its silver or light colour, its much more challenging to "colour match" to other sections of the vehicle. Also, for such colours, its advisable to use the brand of paint system as per your OEM paint.

Eg: Take a silver Merc's Palladium Silver or Iridium Silver.
For proper touch-ups, its advisable to use BASF Glasurit. If locally made paint systems are used, the silver just doesnt look right and may even be "mottled"/cloudy, and you can easilt see the resprayed areas.

For your 325i, if its a dark colour, a great resprayer can give you great results using locally-made basecoat and clearcoat and it'll look great for at least 6yrs or so. But of course, if budget is not a constraint, and you understand the time required to do a great job that'll impress you and your friends, then you can go to a reputable sprayshop and request for an imported brand of paint system. You can PM me for a list of the "top" sprayers in PJ area.

Top Bottom