any e30 baur or cabriolet owners around?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

james

Club Guest
i own a 323i e30 baur,any others around,would love to chat and exchange ideas..

i have one 89' 325i cabrio.

where do you from dude ????

i would like to know something about the roof...

Hi ,I ve seen Two Baur . One White and another Yellow color in Kajang. Is this yours ?

jackyhong;210623 said:
cabriolet is it means two doors also?

I have not seen any 4 doors cabrio before, not just for BMW, any marque for that matter... ;) My guess it that it's technically challenging to build a chassis for a 4 door open top cabrio..

However, I think i've seen 1 vintage IMP 4 doors cabrio in Ipoh..

I saw one yersteday evening on fed hway heading to subang. Blue with plate wcw xxx.

he meant Baur

36707_800.jpg

36723_800.jpg

dsc05396kj9.jpg

other baur convertibles:

36741_800.jpg

36749_800.jpg

36665_800.jpg

http://www.autoweek.nl/forum/read.php?6,2910783

Thanks Tom, That is nice Baur. Nearly bought thr yellow one 10 years ago for RM33K.

jackyhong;210623 said:
cabriolet is it means two doors also?

Nope..for a 2 Dr car with 'fixed' or unremoveable roof will be a Coupe..jus like urs jacky..

Cabriolet is for cars..normally 2Drs with 'softtop' or removeable hardtop..:burnout:

Got myself an e30 325iA convertible recently.

First impressions, its a nice car but scuttle shake very noticeable.Over bumps heck of a lot of rattling from the back. Probably need complete suspension rebuild. Anyone else have the same experience?

hmm,a little shake and rattle is quite normal for cabriolets and baurs,cos is a soft top,and the roof is a little flexible,for my baur,i am using frt and rear strut bars,feels much better with them,dont stiffen or lower the car too much cause ride would be too harsh,and everything would strat shaking and rattling,thts a mistake i made...though car looks awesome,lowered with bbs rims,but ride too harsh and lots of rattle frm roof..am planning to change to hot bits springs and standard shocks,at the moment am on bilstein black and sach sports springs..

karlover;249627 said:
Got myself an e30 325iA convertible recently.

First impressions, its a nice car but scuttle shake very noticeable.Over bumps heck of a lot of rattling from the back. Probably need complete suspension rebuild. Anyone else have the same experience?

I had the same problem before, but it was solved by just changing out the rear mountings. I've replaced my standard suspension with eibach springs and sach performance shocks and the car still rides decently, not too bumpy but then again, my car's only on 16inch rims. I've attached some pics of my ride during a recent drive.....
View attachment 2825

View attachment 2826

View attachment 2827....

My ex-boss had one in 1980. There is one in Section 5 PJ. Dark gold, "TT" number plate. Body looks in good condition.

e30

johnathan540;249864 said:
I had the same problem before, but it was solved by just changing out the rear mountings. I've replaced my standard suspension with eibach springs and sach performance shocks and the car still rides decently, not too bumpy but then again, my car's only on 16inch rims. I've attached some pics of my ride during a recent drive.....
View attachment 2825

View attachment 2826

View attachment 2827....

sweet looking ride there, Johnathan :D

showroom condition i suppose

armi;249980 said:
sweet looking ride there, Johnathan :D

showroom condition i suppose

THANKS Armi. Not quite yet. Everything's almost done except for the hood. Still contemplating whether I should order one through the net or get one customised here locally. If you have one, I would definitely appreciate any feedback on this or any other owners whose change their hood before, please help me out.

Got one e30 325iA convertible early this year. Next project will be the hood too.. bocor here and there..would love to hear some feedback bout it.

johnathan540;250236 said:
THANKS Armi. Not quite yet. Everything's almost done except for the hood. Still contemplating whether I should order one through the net or get one customised here locally. If you have one, I would definitely appreciate any feedback on this or any other owners whose change their hood before, please help me out.

i am gonna custom my hood locally soon,i have seen 1 unit tht was done,a job done very well,btw i am in kch sarawak.my hood already looking old and dry,the rear screen also blur..customised 1 would cost abt rm 1.4k here in kch,i think would be much less in kl

Top Bottom