Angel Eyes

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Ibrahim Hanif

Club Guest
Think to install angel eyes at my ride. Find out this SMD angel eyes. Is it ok to install?. Any code errors will appear?. Thanks for advice

Hi Ibrahim Hanif

LED (SMD LED) is definitely the type you should go for nowadays as it is more simple/reliable than CCFL type.

Error code would depend on how it is wired. If it is wired to replace your parking/driving lights then error will appear because LED has different loading characteristic compared to bulb. If it is wired in parallel to driving/parking lights (bulbs not removed) then there will be no error.

Mine is wired as daytime running light where it will turn on as long as the engine is running, independent from the car lighting circuit.

@AidilJ bro Out of Topic : Isit possible to avoid the parking light to "turn on" / Corner Light Delete?

I heard that you need the Euro LCM?

Anyone knows how? Its kinda lame/ugly when you switch to Position 1 of your Light Control and your corner lights up... hurmmm...

xcrave;757601 said:
@AidilJ bro Out of Topic : Isit possible to avoid the parking light to "turn on" / Corner Light Delete?

I heard that you need the Euro LCM?

Anyone knows how? Its kinda lame/ugly when you switch to Position 1 of your Light Control and your corner lights up... hurmmm...

xcrave Bro,

No you dont need euro LCM, what you need is the BMW scanner 140 or NCS expert to disable bulb check for the parking light. This will cancel the error in the dash and eliminate the corners which act as backup for parking light

Cheers.. :eek:

aidilj;757649 said:
Waiting for your turn Bro.. :burnout:

Awaiting for my piggy to burst her seams bro... :)

Btw, what's yr opinion on quad projectors?!

Sorry OP, hijack sikit :)

BlackCat;757652 said:
Awaiting for my piggy to burst her seams bro... :)

Btw, what's yr opinion on quad projectors?!

Sorry OP, hijack sikit :)

Wrong person to ask for opinion :) I think it looks nice. It also improves nighttime visibility since you effectively doubled the light output..

aidilj;757666 said:
Wrong person to ask for opinion :) I think it looks nice. It also improves nighttime visibility since you effectively doubled the light output..

Some bad ass quads...

42309quad2.jpg

aidilj;757639 said:
xcrave Bro,

No you dont need euro LCM, what you need is the BMW scanner 140 or NCS expert to disable bulb check for the parking light. This will cancel the error in the dash and eliminate the corners which act as backup for parking light

No no not the warning Light or such...

Its when you turn the LCM/Light Control to Position 1... suppose just to turn on your small light in the Highlight Area (lampu kecil) ... BUT my car turn on the signal light on both side as well so:

Angel Eye = DRL (White)
Corner Light = Yellow ...

White + Yellow = Ugliness?

BTW Further OP...

No QUAD setup yet but mine look like this now and im loving it :p

BMW-M3-E46-3-series-LED-halo-rings-1.jpg

aidilj;757589 said:
Hi Ibrahim Hanif

LED (SMD LED) is definitely the type you should go for nowadays as it is more simple/reliable than CCFL type.

Error code would depend on how it is wired. If it is wired to replace your parking/driving lights then error will appear because LED has different loading characteristic compared to bulb. If it is wired in parallel to driving/parking lights (bulbs not removed) then there will be no error.

Mine is wired as daytime running light where it will turn on as long as the engine is running, independent from the car lighting circuit.

I think this is better right.

aidilj;757639 said:
xcrave Bro,

Which parking light do you talking to bro?. I didn't get it.

aidilj;757589 said:
...Mine is wired as daytime running light where it will turn on as long as the engine is running, independent from the car lighting circuit.

Bro, how is this done?

xcrave;757786 said:
No no not the warning Light or such...

Its when you turn the LCM/Light Control to Position 1... suppose just to turn on your small light in the Highlight Area (lampu kecil) ... BUT my car turn on the signal light on both side as well so:

Angel Eye = DRL (White)
Corner Light = Yellow ...

White + Yellow = Ugliness?

BTW Further OP...

No QUAD setup yet but mine look like this now and im loving it :p

xcrave Bro, I totally understand what you mention the first time. My earlier comment still apply. All can be done thru programming no need new LSZ. Check my NCS expert thread and find txt file for LSZ.

Ibrahim Hanif;757793 said:
Which parking light do you talking to bro?. I didn't get it.

Jarance, I'm borrowing your picture. The parking light is the yellow one in the picture below. Most of us wire the angel eye in parallel to this bulb, if the bulb is removed then there'll be error on the dash and turn signal (corners) will lit but dimmed to replace its function.

closeup.jpg

gendong;757800 said:
Bro, how is this done?

Bro, please check the thread http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?36858-DIY-Angel-eyes-installation

Ok... so i think i know why ody... cause ive removed the error... but its only hidden not remove completely.

Ive changed my parking light to LED White too so... regardless it will light up the corner lights...

Today i turn on and look ... only the right side "Corner Light" is light up,...

Angel Eyes are not wired from Parking light instead i use Wiring Kit i custom made and pull the +ve and -ve from the Car and connect the custom Relay to LCM (DRL)

Therefore its not related to my parking light... i see my LED Parking Bulb is the Culprit :p

Thx problem will be solved in the forum you pointed **CHEERS :p

xcrave;757835 said:
Ok... so i think i know why ody... cause ive removed the error... but its only hidden not remove completely.

Ive changed my parking light to LED White too so... regardless it will light up the corner lights...

Today i turn on and look ... only the right side "Corner Light" is light up,...

Angel Eyes are not wired from Parking light instead i use Wiring Kit i custom made and pull the +ve and -ve from the Car and connect the custom Relay to LCM (DRL)

Therefore its not related to my parking light... i see my LED Parking Bulb is the Culprit :p

Thx problem will be solved in the forum you pointed **CHEERS :p

Yes Bro, the LCM thought that the parking light is broken because you changed it to LED type which consume way less current than normal filamen bulb.

I've removed the bulb completely because there is no place to put it in Quad projector setup. I used to put resistor to cancel the error but now programmed the LCM/LSZ to not check the bulb.

Ibrahim Hanif;758203 said:
Bro aidilj, Boleh ke kalau order barang dgn u?, can courier to me?

Bro Ibrahim Hanif, sorry but I'm not a seller of these items. Cheers :)

Top Bottom