Album Art for Ipod/iPhone

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

MU221

Club Guest
Did anyone manage to get their Album Art to be displayed on the iDrive screen when playing music via the USB connection?

I only know on phone using BT, the picture will display out when you called out or received call......

In order to surf Internet in the i-drive, do I need to go BMW Serveice center buy extra 'option'?
I could not get the Internet working. All I got in the 'office' are my contact tranfer from my i-phone4, but there are no 'phone book' in the car i-drive memory.
Very Funny!

Ok thank bro. I got it, work out very good.
But My album art still not working. Are there anymore setting?

I got my album art to be sorted.

Some steps I took. 1 used the standard white cable supplied with the ipod instead of the Y cable that AB normally recommends.

Once connected there are two ways to view the album art. First, if you are viewing the iPod/iPhone on the main screen, a small version of the album art should appear in the upper right corner.

You can also push the iDrive knob to the right which will bring you to a menu for viewing options on the split screen. From there you select "Entertainment Details". Once a song starts to play, the Artist, Album and Song Title will appear on the right.

My main issue however was that I did not get the songs directly from itunes but rather ripped it off my CD's. Hence the absence of the album art in the actual file, even though I can see the album art in my itunes.

What I did was to go to Google Images website and search for relevant album covers or related images, saved it in a folder on my desktop manually. Then I opened iTunes and select the Song( or multiple songs from the same album) I wished to have art work for. Then Right Click -> Get Info, Double click the Art Work Tab, Point the browse to that very folder where you have saved those images, Choose relevant images and save it.You have artwork for those track. Sync your iPhone and presto. Took some time but it was worth to have those image on the idrive screen.

Thank You MU221 for your information. I will give it a try later.
BTW I only able to get the Album Art when I play the MP3 files direct from a USB Drive by connect it to the USB port in the center console.

But the Chinese words things still no solution. :motz:

MU221;663752 said:
Some steps I took. 1 used the standard white cable supplied with the ipod instead of the Y cable that AB normally recommends.

Once connected there are two ways to view the album art. First, if you are viewing the iPod/iPhone on the main screen, a small version of the album art should appear in the upper right corner.

You can also push the iDrive knob to the right which will bring you to a menu for viewing options on the split screen. From there you select "Entertainment Details". Once a song starts to play, the Artist, Album and Song Title will appear on the right.

My main issue however was that I did not get the songs directly from itunes but rather ripped it off my CD's. Hence the absence of the album art in the actual file, even though I can see the album art in my itunes.

What I did was to go to Google Images website and search for relevant album covers or related images, saved it in a folder on my desktop manually. Then I opened iTunes and select the Song( or multiple songs from the same album) I wished to have art work for. Then Right Click -> Get Info, Double click the Art Work Tab, Point the browse to that very folder where you have saved those images, Choose relevant images and save it.You have artwork for those track. Sync your iPhone and presto. Took some time but it was worth to have those image on the idrive screen.

Yes, this method worked for me too. Also the album art must not be too large a file which won't show up on screen - preferably 500 x 500 pixels. Album art doesn't work on songs saved into hard disk.

Eclipse;663835 said:
Thank You MU221 for your information. I will give it a try later.
BTW I only able to get the Album Art when I play the MP3 files direct from a USB Drive by connect it to the USB port in the center console.

But the Chinese words things still no solution. :motz:
Yes, I am also waiting for solution for chinese words to be displayed.

Yes, MU221 method work very well. On top of that I found something more. I found out that the 'white' cable which use to connect usb to iPhone/iPod will effect the Sound Quality of the play back. For those Hi-Fi Kaki a batter quality iPod cable is needed. Please dun't use those cheap 'pasar road' China made iPod cable (Sound very Thin).

Top Bottom