Advice needed - Auto start/stop not working anymore

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

klsgs1

Hi folks,

I got my car about a week back. Two days ago I noticed that the auto/start engine is no longer working. It does not stop/start the engine at traffic lights anymore. The feauture is enabled and there are no fault codes displayed. Any idea why?

There's prerequisite when the car decide to kick in ASS. For instance during a hot day, when internal temp is yet to cool down, it will not kick in which I've observed. There's other pre-requisite like batt charge/storage level, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Usually it used to stop/start when I drive to work in the morning. It is no longer doing it. I will monitor a few more days to check if it works again.

klsgs1

it happens to me too sometimes but i never bother to check since i want it to be NOT working since day-1.

Same here I wish it doesn't exist altogether in f30. I usually make it a habit to turn it off. But will send for coding to change from default ASS on to remember last setting made

Wow...looks like many people don't like it. :) I thought it was there to help save FC. Any reason y u guys don't like this feature? Does it cause any damage to the engine long term?

I'm quite certain one will attain better fuel consumption overall but at the expense of the ignition system will see a higher degree of wear tear in the long run. I don't care to have slightly higher consumption though.

Apart from that, the vibration when the engine restart gets on my nerve. It is rather strong as I can feel the entire chassis vibrate.

In all I'd prefer this to be coded off by default or remember last setting.

I had completed my new code 2 weeks ago, so far so good, nothing change to your iDrive settings except the Start/stop feature. Please remember that the moment a new code is released, it only valid for 1 week. If you are unable to attend the upgrade, the code will be expired.

I don't think that it can saves much fuel, but more of environmental friendly. I believe the car was designed for Europe driving habit as I understand from my past experience in Europe that some of the European countries are usually off the car when the traffic light turns red.

sh_Callum said:
I had completed my new code 2 weeks ago, so far so good, nothing change to your iDrive settings except the Start/stop feature. Please remember that the moment a new code is released, it only valid for 1 week. If you are unable to attend the upgrade, the code will be expired.

I don't think that it can saves much fuel, but more of environmental friendly. I believe the car was designed for Europe driving habit as I understand from my past experience in Europe that some of the European countries are usually off the car when the traffic light turns red.
Thanks for the reminder. I think my SA did mentioned about the code validity when I collect my car back then. Will make sure I'm avail within the validity period when I made the request.

Sorry guys still new. What code r u guys talking about? Is it software upgrade? Why do we do it? To add new features / rectify bugs? Is it free?

New iDrive code, I arrange it through SA. The upgrade will be done at SC and normally takes 4-6 hours. The SC will load the code directly from Germany HQ online. One good thing about AB service is, they will lend you a car during the upgrade period free of charge.

sh_Callum said:
New iDrive code, I arrange it through SA. The upgrade will be done at SC and normally takes 4-6 hours. The SC will load the code directly from Germany HQ online. One good thing about AB service is, they will lend you a car during the upgrade period free of charge.
Off topic, did you managed to get the I drive navi map upgraded with 2014 map while you send in for coding for the ASS? Or this has to be requested separately ?

My bad....the map is really out anyway, especially with the re-route of Georgetown's infamous one way street directive.

Appreciate those with navi to share if you managed to get 2014 map already.

OK. did not know that. Thanks. Good news (or bad for some) the ASS is working again...

I think ASS is a great piece of technology for the environment. I don't mind it at all but the thing which worries me most is the durability of the starter and engine mounting. It judders violently especially in the 320d. If this 2 parts have lifetime warranty, I'll leave it on.

Guys give a call to your SA, ask for upgrade, I got it FOC....after the upgrade, if you choose to have it again, just reverse the logic by pressing the button.

Top Bottom