Active Steering woes!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
supergripen;451742 said:
hi Guna.. yup,mine's an e60 525i with the M54 engine.suspension-wise,i've installed a set of Bilstein B12 tuning kit and a set of H&R swaybars.the brakes are from a 545i and tyres are Bridgestone Potenza RE050A.

Sounds like very effective mods man.Where did you get the 545 disc assembly?would you care to share with me the cost.where to get and how effective are these mods?you can PM me or just email me at checkers@tm.net.my....Thank you bro

PS...Have you done any reflashing yet?would appreciate some inputs there too.

Guna;451976 said:
Sounds like very effective mods man.Where did you get the 545 disc assembly?would you care to share with me the cost.where to get and how effective are these mods?you can PM me or just email me at checkers@tm.net.my....Thank you bro

PS...Have you done any reflashing yet?would appreciate some inputs there too.

Hi Guna,u've got pm..

contrail;451864 said:
Reeza, glad that you have done it.. Juz like your plane, it needs proper tools, equipment and people to get it right..

Thanx for the head's up bro..eh,how'dya know my name?

Btw,Rishi handled my car..u're right,very helpful chap.Even my dad sends his e60 to them now..quite impressed.

Happy u got ur problem solved bro. Now u can really enjoy!

supergripen;452081 said:
Thanx for the head's up bro..eh,how'dya know my name?

Btw,Rishi handled my car..u're right,very helpful chap.Even my dad sends his e60 to them now..quite impressed.

Yes, very impressive I'm surprised that even you had some modification to your suspension, they still got it right... The good thing is ithat the problem is solved and your car drives like what a BMW should..

BTW, I knew you before as we flew together years ago. Now I'm at the `other' side. Cheers..

contrail;452107 said:
Yes, very impressive I'm surprised that even you had some modification to your suspension, they still got it right... The good thing is ithat the problem is solved and your car drives like what a BMW should.

BTW, I knew you before as we flew together years ago. Now I'm at the `other' side. Cheers..

Yeah,I was a bit worried they might not be able to do it due to the aftermarket components of my setup.But alas,it all worked out well in the end..outstanding!

Btw,still scratching my head as to who u are..tell me la bro. :)

supergripen;451735 said:
hi guys.. its been awhile.

some report.. i've taken the car to Ingress as i've been told that they have all the tools to do a proper adjustment to my car's suspension and steering angles.pretty much fed up of places that claims they know things but in actual fact they know diddly squat!

took a chance and went to Ingress.. sent the car in at about 0900 and job was only completed at 1800.well,it was indeed worth the wait as the job done was excellent.the car felt like a different beast altogether.the random steering movements are gone,car corners much better and body control was fantastic.even bump absorption felt more solid and together,felt like a newer car in a way.

very very happy camper now.. all in all the job cost me rm570,includes a full alignment,full undercarraige and general inspection,active steering re-calibration and a complimentary car wash.they even changed 2 bulbs from my rear left tail-lightwhich was blown a few weeks before.

now i know where to do my alignments..

SG, glad that the car problem is sorted out.

BTW, which of the two works solve the problem. the redoing the alignment or the recalibration of the active steering? DO you need to perform both?

jarance;452231 said:
SG, glad that the car problem is sorted out.

BTW, which of the two works solve the problem. the redoing the alignment or the recalibration of the active steering? DO you need to perform both?

It was a combination of both that solved the problem.. My previous setup wasn't to spec,the rear swaybar setting was too extreme resulting in insufficient rear camber.The work done on the active steering angle plus proper alignment angles resulted in a better steering attitude,tho tramlining did increase a tad.

All in all,job well done..

I had a bit of steering wander as what you meant and it went away after changing to new tyres. The old ones were we quite worn.

Good luck.

astroboy;446469 said:
Active steering is a technology of meddling with the amplification ratio of steering input mechanically. What you are experiencing sounds like your lower bushes or steering linkages ball joints are acting up.. :smokin:

Astro,you sound like the right guy to advice me....where can I go to get my steering linkages,ball joints etc checked and advised properly?Please

supergripen : a quick question yours tuned version of Active steering is it loose
( eg very easy to corner even at 80 ~ 100 KM/ per hour ) ????

reason is , again hand itchy , so i was playing with GT1 since earlier my grey importer dealer have to rectified the active steering , and i found the allignment run out , thus under GT1 BMW DIS i can activate a Service -> chasis -> front active steering alignment ( which is a series of question to ask and ask you to start car , off engine alignt wheel blah blah )
now when i drive i found out the steering feel is very Light , there is no vibration or any , but just light in fact at a test of 90km/h i can easily switch lane effortlessly, i asume active steering at high speed t he steering become very stiff ??

i just ordered active steering suggested by mech from dealer workshop due to my wiper active itself after park under the sun for long hours and seatbelt/ airbag alarm always on at all time..hmmm..trylaa..

aloqstaq;461809 said:
i just ordered active steering suggested by mech from dealer workshop due to my wiper active itself after park under the sun for long hours and seatbelt/ airbag alarm always on at all time..hmmm..trylaa..

Hello bro,what in the world are you talking about la?what is your crita?why change active steering?If you're gonna tell us a story,be clear about it.maybe you can try by telling us a short chronology of events before arriving at this state?:rolleyes:

ha ha ha..sorry la bro..is it active steering= SZL ..? i heard from u the active steeirng it cost above rm14,000?..the pomen ask me to replace SZL..i dont know SZL function but i only want to settle the problem..the problem is what i crita before i.e wiper on sendiri and seatbelt/airbag warning light always appear on the monitor....pening..hopefully u understand..

Aloqstaq : seriously check whats the error before spend 14k on it, maybe u can go to ingress and test, i found out mine was the original setting for active steering in e60, as said by supergipen, after tunning my self my ride become VERY responsive very good , like a new car.

dark1234;462450 said:
Aloqstaq : seriously check whats the error before spend 14k on it, maybe u can go to ingress and test, i found out mine was the original setting for active steering in e60, as said by supergipen, after tunning my self my ride become VERY responsive very good , like a new car.

ok..i wll check it..tq

Ya man,you should always get a second opinion or even a third when it comes to having to spend that much.RM14,600 is what AB Kuantan(not a very intelligent bunch) quoted me and RM550 for labour.Of course I don't buy their story la.I can't wait to prove them wrong and then spend the rest of my free time nailing their ass to the wall.Then again if they are right atleast I have the satisfaction of knowing that it was good money spent...check betul2 first la bro

ps...I'm still amused with the fact that your rain sensors are acting up after sunbathing.....hehehe

Top Bottom