Achtung! The Nurburgring..... the journey begins

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
BlackCat;522301 said:
Thanks for the postings and pics bro... I have been keeping tabs and enjoying your postings n pics. So couldnt wait for your next trip and photo essays too...

Hahaha... you are right. You may want to buy those insurance that covers flight delays and related inconveniences for room and board etc... you know... just in case nature wants to put on a show!

Hey mate, I enjoy posting them. And your insurance idea is a good one actually. why didnt i think of that? Thanks mate. Where is abang 535? Yooohoooo.....

Jipster;522359 said:
Hey mate, I enjoy posting them. And your insurance idea is a good one actually. why didnt i think of that? Thanks mate. Where is abang 535? Yooohoooo.....

recovering from Chiangmai ....:rock:

Abang Jip - waiting anxiously for your photo essay and yes, a video of the lap will be nice too.

Btw, I saw this pix you posted and tho I have never been there in real - I have flown lots around Chicago since Microsoft Flight Simulator has the Meigs Airfield as its default airport.....at least the older ones as the airport is now decommissioned! Your pix shows the remains of it, which I think is now a golf course or park. The domed building was on the north end of the landing strip.....guys who virtual flies using FS will immediately know what i am talking about.

ANyhow, always good to read your stories....even if not so BMW related! HA HA

Have a good n safe trip - both of you!

viewfrom95th_2.jpg

Jules;522987 said:
Abang Jip - waiting anxiously for your photo essay and yes, a video of the lap will be nice too.

Btw, I saw this pix you posted and tho I have never been there in real - I have flown lots around Chicago since Microsoft Flight Simulator has the Meigs Airfield as its default airport.....at least the older ones as the airport is now decommissioned! Your pix shows the remains of it, which I think is now a golf course or park. The domed building was on the north end of the landing strip.....guys who virtual flies using FS will immediately know what i am talking about.

ANyhow, always good to read your stories....even if not so BMW related! HA HA

Have a good n safe trip - both of you!

viewfrom95th_2.jpg

which pic are you talking about dude? I've been busy posting lately :smile:

the chicago ones?

the PCH ones?

Yeah, I cant wait either..... stressed just waiting.... now got volcano getting in way pulakk..... I would never have thought that one day I'd be saying "trip delayed because of volcano".......

LHR and AMS airport closed ..

Camne ni Jip ? Kita gi ikut Turkey and then overland aaahh ..:cool:

Jipster;523108 said:
which pic are you talking about dude? I've been busy posting lately :smile:

the chicago ones?

the PCH ones?

Yeah, I cant wait either..... stressed just waiting.... now got volcano getting in way pulakk..... I would never have thought that one day I'd be saying "trip delayed because of volcano".......

This one lar....the chicago one!

535i;523111 said:
LHR and AMS airport closed ..

Camne ni Jip ? Kita gi ikut Turkey and then overland aaahh ..:cool:

As discussed, plan is to review situation and make decisionby Monday or Tuesday whether or not to move the dates. We have a 72 hour window to make changes.

CNN

London, England (CNN) -- Major European airports reopened Monday after being closed overnight because of an ash cloud from a volcano in Iceland, but travel remained severely disrupted after the six-hour closure.......

In the Netherlands, Amsterdam's Schiphol airport reopened at 1 p.m. local time (7 a.m. ET) after having been closed for seven hours, but "it will take time (until) air traffic will operate according to schedule," it said. And in Ireland, Dublin Airport reopened at noon local time (7 a.m. ET), an airport spokeswoman said. .......

That left only airports in Scotland's remote Orkney and Shetland islands as the only landing fields closed in the UK, air traffic controllers said.

Eurocontrol, the intergovernmental body overseeing European air traffic (see below), expects about 1,000 flights to be canceled Monday, out of 29,000 on a normal day, it said in a statement..........

The department said predictions remain fluid and it urged passengers to check with airlines before taking any action. British Airways said it would notify passengers of potential disruptions on its web site.......

There's no way to know how long the volcano will continue spewing ash into the air, Georgia Tech scientist Josef Dufek told CNN........

"It could go on another year," he said, noting that an eruption lasted that long in 1820.

EUROCONTROL

Eurocontrol website provides updates of volcano ash situation see - http://www.eurocontrol.int/corporate/public/subsite_homepage/report-ash-cloud.html

Update on European air traffic situation - 10.00 CET

spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
17 May 2010
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
As of 10.00 CET on 17 May 2010, EUROCONTROL has the following update to make with regard to the situation of air traffic in Europe:
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Today EUROCONTROL expects 28,000 flights in Europe. This is approximately 1,000 less than on a normal day, and is due to the expected impact of the current closure of airspace in the south-east of the UK and in the Netherlands.

The areas of ash concentration are mainly at low levels. During the course of the day, the current cloud is expected to disperse somewhat. By 14.00CET, the cloud is expected to mainly affect Northern Ireland, parts of Scotland and parts of south-west UK.

There may be some continuing disruption to flights in the greater London area. Delays will also be experienced by flights due to congestion in airspace adjacent to closed areas.

The latest ‘Air Ash Concentration Charts’ describing those areas where no-fly zone proposals have been made to the EUROCONTROL Member States are attached.

On Sunday 16 May, the disruptions in Ireland and north-west UK resulted in a reduction in expected number of flights by about 400. There were a total of 25,088 flights within the EUROCONTROL CFMU area.

FOREX

EUR rates trending downwards now approx RM4.1 to EUR1...... not sure how long trend will continue. AM only chnaging money next week..... hope it breaks RM4 :smokin:

UPDATE.... 7 days to go

European skies still open..... volcano ash stays away.... yay!

B&B has confirmed that they will hold our rooms... yay!

Euro weakening.... yay!

Money changers claim "euro no stock lah boss".... rats!!!

Not my shots....

Wipperman...
wippermann2-1102-1920x1200.jpg

Hedwigs hohe...
hedwigs-hohe-1098-1920x1200.jpg

Credit to Ben Lovejoy and http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/...

Giler syok... My favourite corners are between Klostertal until Pflanzgarten. The hell of roller coaster :rock:

Nordschleife%20Short.jpg

Weh, main Gran Turismo 4 laa kalau nak enjoy :)

535i;524940 said:
KY nak bawak tak ?:thefinger:

1 tube cukuplah.... tak boleh exceed 100ml.... aku bawak carry on aje.... kalau nak bawak lebih you bawak ok masuk cargo satu tub terus....

M5POWER;524946 said:
Giler syok... My favourite corners are between Klostertal until Pflanzgarten. The hell of roller coaster :rock:

Nordschleife%20Short.jpg

Weh, main Gran Turismo 4 laa kalau nak enjoy :)

memang main pun.... pinjam steering wheel and pedal set from Lee36328 .... perhhh! awesome..... rasa macam sabine pulak... without the breasts and pussy

Jipster;525379 said:
memang main pun.... pinjam steering wheel and pedal set from Lee36328 .... perhhh! awesome..... rasa macam sabine pulak... without the breasts and pussy

Wallamak, main guna wheel pulak. Kita kat sini tak mampu la dey... Haha, boleh pulak rasa macam Sabine. Without breasts and pussy is a must!! :rofl:

M5POWER;525387 said:
Wallamak, main guna wheel pulak. Kita kat sini tak mampu la dey... Haha, boleh pulak rasa macam Sabine. Without breasts and pussy is a must!! :rofl:

Dude..... GT must play with steering wheel and pedals..... baru lah betul..... the ones for PS3 are selling for RM1k plus.... I dont have that kind of commitment so I pinjam lah...... best time so far is a measly 10mins.... crap!!.... but that doesnt mean its not fun.... its still helluva fun even with slow times

Jipster;525421 said:
Dude..... GT must play with steering wheel and pedals..... baru lah betul..... the ones for PS3 are selling for RM1k plus.... I dont have that kind of commitment so I pinjam lah...... best time so far is a measly 10mins.... crap!!.... but that doesnt mean its not fun.... its still helluva fun even with slow times

I know lorr.. I just can't afford it. I'm trying to pinjam the wheel from one of my friend but I don't think he allows me to. Ah well :(

My best time was 8 minutes sometihing with N3 tyres. It was fun. Really fun!!

UPDATE..... 3 days to go

EURO.... went back up - RATS!!!

Volcano.... no new volcanoes have erupted and skies still open - YAY!

Leave application...... approved - YAY!

Jipster;526130 said:
EURO.... went back up - RATS!!!

Volcano.... no new volcanoes have erupted and skies still open - YAY!

Leave application...... approved - YAY!

Volcano kat AMS camner ? Nak detour ke situ tak ?

535i;526145 said:
Volcano kat AMS camner ? Nak detour ke situ tak ?

Apa ni 'bang? Tix kita restricted, cam ne nak fly ke AMS? Drive pun jauh..... carik lah tempat yang dekat sikit......

I just googled (maps) spa francochamps...... guess what?.... its only an hour 35 mins away! How?..... game for it?

Jipster;526151 said:
Apa ni 'bang? Tix kita restricted, cam ne nak fly ke AMS? Drive pun jauh..... carik lah tempat yang dekat sikit......

I just googled (maps) spa francochamps...... guess what?.... its only an hour 35 mins away! How?..... game for it?

definitely .... eeeeee .. tak sabar rasanyer ... :thefinger:

UPDATE..... 3 days to go Pt. 2 - Proposed Destinations

Under consideration:

1. Nurburgring (why we are doing this in the first place);

2. Circuit de Spa Francorchamps, Belgium - about 1.5 hours away from Nurburing;

3. Hockenheimring - almost 3 hours away from Spa;

4. Porsche Museum, Stuttgart - about 1 hour away from Hockenheimring;

5. Frankfurt Airport - journey's end - almost 2 hours away from Stuttgart.

Basically, 3 circuits, 2 countries, an airport and a Museum thrown in....

Do able? Google maps suggests it is do-able.... maybe even in one day.

Issues - (1) getting lost; (2) the language (same like getting lost); (3) weather (same like getting lost PLUS the drama... think FOG and you get picture; (4) petrol (or is it diesel?)... much moolah required (ggogle maps indicates a total of 718km and thats without the initial Frankfurt - Nurburgring leg....); (5) misc shit.... lets face it shit happens..... since we cant predict shit we will just have to pray shit doesnt hit fan thats all.....

Hmmm..... getting even more exciting by the day..... Im peeing in my pants right now :burnout:

Top Bottom