Achtung! The Nurburgring..... the journey begins

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
No new updates - rancangan selingan 1

Havent gotten to LA yet so Pacific Coast Highway (PCH) roadtrip has yet to start.

Some info on PCH - http://traveler.nationalgeographic.com/drives/pacific-coast-highway.html

Still in brilliant city of Chicago. Arrived on sunday morning and it was fog bound:

foggyskyline1_2.jpg

foggyskyline2_2.jpg

No new updates - rancangan selingan 2

Fog cleared up later on sunday morning.... its hard not to look up in this city....

hardnottolookup2_2e.jpg

hardnottolookup_2e.jpg

all the tall buildings make for an interesting streetscape

streescapes_2e.jpg

Da Bean!!! in millennium park...

dabean1_2e.jpg

dabean2_2.jpg

No new updates - rancangan selingan 3

another gem of millennium park... interactive waterfall/fountain... picture changes with different faces/expressions

DSC_89e.jpg

iPad fever has taken hold here..... a visit to the apple store is unavoidable. Many versions sold out....

apple_2.jpg

the john hancock building.....

johnhancockbuilding1_2e.jpg

johnhancockbuilding2_2e.jpg

No new updates - rancangan selingan 4

was up on the john hancock building..... view from the 95th floor signature room restaurant

viewfrom95th1_2.jpg

viewfrom95th_2.jpg

535i;518500 said:
And i want to move back to KL ..
SG tak happening lah ... :rolleyes:

Dah 2 tahun aku dengar cerita ni ...:thefinger:..... in yr 2009 and now 2010 .... but ......:thefinger:hehehehe ...........

pussy;519775 said:
met any gangsters there ?

No gang bangers….. got blues though….. just came back from a live show….. Buddy Guy played a set at Buddy Guy’s Legends just behind the Chicago Hilton where I’m staying….. I don’t really follow blues (not a single one onmy ipod) but his ONE set blew me away…. fcuking awesome!

Wiki on Buddy Guy - George "Buddy" Guy (born July 30, 1936) is an American blues guitarist and singer. Known as an inspiration to Jimi Hendrix, Angus Young, Eric Clapton, Ace Frehley, Jimmy Page, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and many other guitarists, Guy is considered an important exponent of Chicago blues. He is the father of female rapper Shawnna and also has a son, Michael, known as hip-hop/rap producer IceDrake. He is the older brother of late blues guitarist Phil Guy. Guy is known for his showmanship, playing his guitar with drumsticks, or strolling into the audience while playing solos. He was ranked thirtieth in Rolling Stone magazine's list of the "100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time".

ICEMAN 13;520065 said:
that would be in GARY Chicago ..

Hey icemannnnn…… followed your makeover… sweet man. How’s the ride now?

affan66;520066 said:
weiii go to work la. Go jaga booth..... :) nak pesan brg boleh?

Do I detect a hint of the green monster? Cool man.... nobody asked me to work ALL the time. Its not in my contract! Pics were from Sunday and everything else is when I'm off duty….. working smart yeah? :cool:

Will post summore pics soon. We are wrapping up our stay here…

JYazid;520086 said:
Dah 2 tahun aku dengar cerita ni ...:thefinger:..... in yr 2009 and now 2010 .... but ......:thefinger:hehehehe ...........

Dulu tak ada awek ..
Tapi sejak jumpa anak ko ...... :wink:

JYazid;520086 said:

Last time I heard in news he comin back to long lost hometown.
Zid jaga sket anak ko tu. Takkan nak menantu sebaya plak.
Kalau aku lain la. Tak gitu Pak:smokin:

No new updates - rancangan selingan 4

wohooo.... almost time for road trip.

In mean time more 'selingan' pics.....

My place of work for the duration.... the McCormick Place convention centre... this place is huge. You can fit 5 maybe 6 KL Convex's in the same place. Got to attend 2 keynote addresses by 2 former US President's (Clinton and Bush) and 1 Vice President (Gore). Awesome experience so far.

DSC_4-2.jpg

DSC_8-1.jpg

DSC_28.jpg

DSC_26.jpg

DSC_27.jpg

No new updates - rancangan selingan 5

This is where I'm holed up.... the Hilton Chicago on South Michigan Avenue. A Chcago icon. Constructed with a budget of USD30 million in 1927 originally called the Stevens Hotel Chicago it was the largest hotel in the world for a time with 3,000 rooms with a roof top 18 hole golf course, 3 story laundry, in house hospital and 5 sub-basements.... awesome specs even by today's standards

DSC_47.jpg

DSC_42.jpg

This place has multiple lobbies or simply 'grand corridors' for want of a better word with no apparent function (by today's standards).... very old skool. This one is just past the main doors on South Michigan Avenue...

DSC_40.jpg

Past that corridor/'lobby' you get here .... a clock which serves as a focal point ..... nice

DSC_73.jpg

Its located in the centre of this double/triple height area leading to the 2 ballrooms boulevard and grand....

DSC_56.jpg

left (street) side detail:

DSC_69.jpg

right side detail:

DSC_68.jpg

around the ballroom level area

DSC_66.jpg

This is street side on ballroom level.... dunno its function but great as guest holding before making grand entrance into the ballrooms

DSC_58.jpg

That leads to another lobby/grand corridor....

expansivelobbygorundfloor_2.jpg

and then you get to the lift lobby....

DSC_76.jpg

DSC_77.jpg

and when you get into the lifts ...... nice wooden cars with...... a TV! shows news all the time.....

DSC_81.jpg

Upstairs.... looooooong corridors are the name of the day..... dunno maybe 2-3 blocks long ?

hotelcorridor_2.jpg

Each floor has its own lift lobby..... this one is on the 14th floor...

14thfloorlobby_2.jpg

Its not the most expensive hotel here.... there's always the Drake.... but old skool styling makes it very popular. I like it.

try visiting hard rock chicago and then drop by Excalibur which is just around the corner ....post some pictures of the babes then ...

ICEMAN 13;520358 said:
try visiting hard rock chicago and then drop by Excalibur which is just around the corner ....post some pictures of the babes then ...

not into hard rock but this excalibur thing sounds interesting..... what is it?

initialM;520442 said:
Lucky you bro, enjoy!! :smokin:

Yes, I appreciate my job and the opportunities it gives me. I remind myself this everyday but sometimes you forget ...... :wink:

Any cigar lovers out there? I checked out chicago's oldest cigar establishment (sort of) Iwan & Ries (you can google them) . This being the US, non-cubans are the name of the game. You wont believe the prices .....in some cases half KL prices.... some stuff even more than that. Got myself some Boveda humidifier packs (no 72).... they sell for 4 bucks each which works out to about RM12-13. I know they are sold for around RM38+ in KL :smokin: Also got myself some Oliva Serie Gs and Nub Connecticut 460's...... am happy man :rock:

Well dudes and dudettes ...... road trip starts on Saturday. Will start a new post then - abang 535i may not agree to all this hijacking of the Nurburgring thread ekekekekek.

bro nice pics...
cool la bro.. survey2 a GSM Palm Pre Plus for me please :D

Have fun and stay safe bro... looking forward to your photo essay :)

Jipster;522298 said:
Its posted dude.... see here http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34564

On another note..... 15 DAYS TO GO!

Lets hope no volcano gets in our way :smokin:

Thanks for the postings and pics bro... I have been keeping tabs and enjoying your postings n pics. So couldnt wait for your next trip and photo essays too...

Hahaha... you are right. You may want to buy those insurance that covers flight delays and related inconveniences for room and board etc... you know... just in case nature wants to put on a show!

Top Bottom