535i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Shotgun

Club Guest
I'm new to this forum and I'm interested in the new F10 535i in Malaysia. Since the launch, I have not seen many of it around. In fact, I've only seen 2 units so far and its parked infront of hotels. My questions are:1. Is the N55 engine really suitable for Malaysian fuel? Will you encounter long term engine damage from using RON 95 in Malaysia.2. Does the current batch of 535i have any other problems?3. I've seen grey imports selling for under 450k. I understand the level of trim and finishing may be different from the official dealer. Are there any other differences?The price difference betw grey import and BMW Malaysia is almost 200k. Price difference from 528 and 535 also about 150k. Anybody here thinks its worth paying that premium for the N55 engine? Is it worth the extra power?

Bro Shotgun ...

Kindly intro urself in the newbie section and i think you will get more responce after that . cheers

I have been driving a F10 535i grey import for the past few months. So far, after getting the car, it's only been only smiles on my expression...simply the best power punched saloon out there. I don't know about the long term effects running RON 95 as I fill up with only RON 97. As with any car, it's just your luck if you get a good car and also how you maintain it. The 535i is a pretty fast car, considering its size and weight and the N55 engine is lovely! If you have the chance, turn off the entertainment system, wind down the windows and try revving the car up to 6.5K rpm, the purring of the turbo is really exhilarating! Two thumbs up from me on the 535i.

i drove the 535 for 15mins...feels like mini M5 (that's a good thing btw).

Mine done approx 8000km and getting ready for the 1st free 10k service! Enough said by previous bros! BMW The Ultimate Driving Machine....

leeman;655575 said:
Mine done approx 8000km and getting ready for the 1st free 10k service! Enough said by previous bros! F10 535 BMW The Ultimate Driving Machine....

I've been doing my oil change intervals at every 5000km...my odometer reads 13k so far...

The specifications for CBU 535i and grey import 535i is different. I notice that the grey imports don't have the comfort seats and may not have Adaptive Drive and the Adaptive Headlights. There are also a host of differences that the grey imports may not have and you have to really be familiar with the car and shop around until you find one that suits your taste.
For those that bought grey imports, are you satisfied with the trim levels and options that are included in the car or are the CBU models by BMW malaysia better?
When are they bringing in the diesel 535d or 530d? Do BMW have any intention at all to expand into a higher power diesel category.
I hear the 520d is doing quite well now because its priced at a very affordable range.

The 535i I got doesn't have adaptive drive, but comfort seats (without the electronics), adaptive headlights, surround view (5 cameras - not found in CBU in MY, which in my opinion is a very useful feature given our narrow carparks), alarm, auto tailgate are all present. I did quite a fair bit of shopping around, mostly with the big grey importers. Some of the sales guys may not be aware of the options, so if you have identified the car you want, do an online VIN check for best results.

xero200;656247 said:
The 535i I got doesn't have adaptive drive, but comfort seats (without the electronics), adaptive headlights, surround view (5 cameras - not found in CBU in MY, which in my opinion is a very useful feature given our narrow carparks), alarm, auto tailgate are all present. I did quite a fair bit of shopping around, mostly with the big grey importers. Some of the sales guys may not be aware of the options, so if you have identified the car you want, do an online VIN check for best results.

it's extremely hard to find a perfect optioned 535i.

You gotta do a bit of window shopping, testing and calling for the perfect 535i grey import. The toughest I reckon is identifying the adaptive drive. The sales guys do not have sufficient knowledge to tell you if the car's equipped with it. The buttons next to gear may not give away the adaptive drive albeit having 'comfort' as one of the options. The car may come with VDC but not Adaptive Drive.

Fantastic bit of information. I think you should PM me to let me know which importer(s) that you would recommend for getting this car. Also, I think that the 5 camera parking is a very good option to have. I've seen in to Fifth gear review when the F10 just came out and it gives you an almost birds eye view of the car when you are parking. Thumbs up for that system. Can't understand why BMW Malaysia can't have that as an option. Also the salesman told me that with the 535i, the comfort seats are electronic. Different from the simple Sports seat on 528i.

It is hard to get a fully specced vehicle. It would really require a lot of time to look for it.

gone are the days when the grey imports are better specced. these days the skd cars are higher specs. (grey import 523i's are crazily expensive and horribly underspecced). agree with shotgun, 5 camera is nice. haven't really seen many cars with that option. so far just one. cureently waiting for some of the m-sport though, what is it about the m-sport where they say it does not have adaptive drive. forgot where i heard bout this.

For the grey importers, I think Aman Razak and Pantai Bharu Klang are ok, their prices are decent. The rest simply slit your throat for options extra. Due to the fact that the car's from UK, they have a a lot of options to choose from and it's hard to go for options you want as this is after all a preowned car. I would list down my core basic must-haves and work from there. Definitely go for the bird's eye view camera option, it's amazing! The only car I drove with this option is the 2011 VW Toureg...

The BMW Malaysia 535i comes with Adaptive Drive which according to their website will stiffen the suspension and roll bars when you corner to reduce or eliminate body roll to give it a more sporty and nimble feel. I wonder if this technology really works? What's the opinion on this? I've also seen the new 528i M-Sports Edition. IMHO, I don't like the brushed aluminium (looks like carbon fibre replica) trim on the dash. That's a deal breaker for me for this type of car because its supposed to be luxury and powerful at the same time.

I'm also wondering if Ingress Auto in Penchala is any good? Do they have any 535i to test drive? Help anybody?

Back from Kluang drive on Sun..there was a 535i F10 bearing no plate CCS 6 or 7, I forget. Was flying, left right centre. So I gave chase in my E36 316i......this happended from Seremban R&R and ended at the Dengkil R&R, maybe 20 km's or so. When I pulled out next to him at the R&R he asked me how in the world did I ever keep up with him and even at some stages overtook him on a clear and open road......he even said to me he was red lining on 2/3 gears....

Morale of the story = save your 400k, buy a pocket rocket if u want speed and thrills. IMHO, the engine is not powerful enuff to carry the F10...its ok on the E92 and 1 series....but then again, who am I to comment...ain't in the F10 league....

But I must admit, the cars braking ability is solid....at times when I was freaking out braking in heavy traffic b4 the KLIA strecth, the F10 was quite solid I must say

My 2 kupangs worth

ssmann;656905 said:
Back from Kluang drive on Sun..there was a 535i F10 bearing no plate CCS 6 or 7, I forget. Was flying, left right centre. So I gave chase in my E36 316i......this happended from Seremban R&R and ended at the Dengkil R&R, maybe 20 km's or so. When I pulled out next to him at the R&R he asked me how in the world did I ever keep up with him and even at some stages overtook him on a clear and open road......he even said to me he was red lining on 2/3 gears....

Morale of the story = save your 400k, buy a pocket rocket if u want speed and thrills. IMHO, the engine is not powerful enuff to carry the F10...its ok on the E92 and 1 series....but then again, who am I to comment...ain't in the F10 league....

But I must admit, the cars braking ability is solid....at times when I was freaking out braking in heavy traffic b4 the KLIA strecth, the F10 was quite solid I must say

My 2 kupangs worth

Horses for courses, my friend. You should see the latest episode of Top Gear when Jeremy Clarkson test drove the brand spanking new BMW 1M. I think he came in he pants. Sometimes you need a pocket rocket, sometimes you need an aircraft carrier.

Shotgun;656911 said:
Horses for courses, my friend. You should see the latest episode of Top Gear when Jeremy Clarkson test drove the brand spanking new BMW 1M. I think he came in he pants. Sometimes you need a pocket rocket, sometimes you need an aircraft carrier.

Agreed.....

I think anybody buying the F10 is going for the entire package, not just speed alone. A modified Satria/Wira can take on the 535i easily as well.

Heheheheheh....all points noted la. I simply kacau only la, share share my experience. Anyway amongst all u F10 owners, anyone an OM yet??? Or use of this forum also part of complete package??

Top Bottom