528i M Sport is here!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
EL118;648393 said:
yeah, there are a couple of LCI model from UK using N53, buyers beware! The AP holders simply brought in without considering this fact.

I'm a user of N53 E60 :) I hope the injectors would survive at least 50,000KM before it clogs up and dies.

aoch88;648400 said:
I'm a user of N53 E60 :) I hope the injectors would survive at least 50,000KM before it clogs up and dies.

N53 supposed to be good engine with better bhp than N52. btw, have you checked how much it cost to replace the injectors? or others parts that is prone to damage by high sulphur?

EL118;648427 said:
N53 supposed to be good engine with better bhp than N52. btw, have you checked how much it cost to replace the injectors? or others parts that is prone to damage by high sulphur?

I've checked and it costs around RM700-800 per injector and since we have six, damage is around RM5K+. Most of the time it's just injectors clogging up from what I've read and I hope that's about it. On the other hand, I hope the government would implement Euro 4M as planned. Like it or not, I've bought the car so nothing can be done but just hope for the best :(

aoch88;648474 said:
I've checked and it costs around RM700-800 per injector and since we have six, damage is around RM5K+. Most of the time it's just injectors clogging up from what I've read and I hope that's about it. On the other hand, I hope the government would implement Euro 4M as planned. Like it or not, I've bought the car so nothing can be done but just hope for the best :(

Dun worry too much lah, firstly it may not happen to every N53. secondly, even if happen may be after 7-10 years. Thirdly, the replacement cost though high is not too intimidating by BMW standards. so enjoy your greater power of N53 now!

Haha, thank you boss :) I actually bought repair insurance too but I hope I won't end up having to claim it. As I was reading around, one owner from the US had all six injector changed when hitting 34K miles. That's like 50K KM so if it takes that long, I wouldnt be so worried.

Top Bottom