525 fc

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

silky

Club Guest
Driving this car almost 4 year, and i would like to say the FC is dam good6.5 litre/100km in highway,,,,does this figure correct,,my full able best record in 900km. If use cruise control in full time can be lower.:top:Zero defect in the last four yrs and 150,000km travel o'clock now, love it very much (beside my rear windscreen)hope to share with other owner

silky;365772 said:
Driving this car almost 4 year, and i would like to say the FC is dam good
6.5 litre/100km in highway,,,,does this figure correct,,my full able best record in 900km. If use cruise control in full time can be lower.:top:

Zero defect in the last four yrs and 150,000km travel o'clock now, love it very much (beside my rear windscreen)

hope to share with other owner

what is "FC"?

bmw7833;365802 said:
FC = Fuel Consumption, dude.

LOL... sorry... pai seh... such a simple term I couldn't get!
I agree with silky... provided I am cruising comfortably in the highway, FC is very very good... however, can't live in fairy tale forever... with a full tank, the best FC that I manage to get was about 650km (highway + urban).

It was good enough for me :top:

well thule,,it could be better 50% town +50% highway at least 700km,,,for sure

silky;365902 said:
well thule,,it could be better 50% town +50% highway at least 700km,,,for sure

most of the time, I'll be in urban area :wink:

Geez guys,

Mine can run up to 300km and cost me a price of RM 100.00 @ to date's petrol price...

Is it consider as high fuel consumption?

u must be cruisin at 90-110 to get that mileage on hiway....aiyo, I will fall to sleep behind the wheel driving like that

For me, normally i'll get 480-510km for my full tank (as at 23/10/08). This is for urban use. What do u guys think? Hows the FC rate?

arh...think mine is the terrible among all. 1 full tank only give me 450km-500km. im running on v-power. is tis FC ok? 90% urban drive. i suspect my FC had been in bad shape as compare to 4months back. tat time...1 full tank gave me min 500km-560km. now drop to 450km-500km...

cl...yours almost same like mine...450km to 500km for 80% to 90% urban...if heavy on the right foot then about 350 to 380km nia...

here the FC i did yesterday from my house to stinkapo and back to KL at sg.besi shell station...i did average speed on highway 120kmh...about 700km spent on highway and 37km in Singapore & JB

Image077.jpg

for me it's about 650km max... as I travel from Pahang to KL and back once a week... plus some urban drive in Klang Valley.
But I did spend a week in KL... driving around during peak hours, rush hours, whatever hours... and got only 500++km... with one full tank... so I think the FC for E60 is normal for all of us here..
Maybe BMW should come out with a Hybrid car... as the car really guzzle the petrol like drinking water during pick-up... most of the fuels are wasted just like that!! Sigh...

i am confuse~ last trip to penang(from kl), rm150 petrol can go for 600++km... then in urban area, normal use, rm150 full tank only 400++km.. is it normal or?? pls give me giuidance all sifu..

bc23;370450 said:
i am confuse~ last trip to penang(from kl), rm150 petrol can go for 600++km... then in urban area, normal use, rm150 full tank only 400++km.. is it normal or?? pls give me giuidance all sifu..

bc23...is this your first car? or first time driving?

on highway u stop/slowdown less so u need to accelerate less and this saves u fuel...this is because ur engine do not need to work so hard to get the car up to speed so frequently...

on urban driving, u stops/slowdown more frequently thus requiring you to accelerate to get up to speed and this uses more fuel due to high load to engine to move the car...

the lesser u load the engine the more u saves fuel...same case for electricity...

this theory goes to all the car models out there... that's why hybrid cars are the preferred solution for KL-ites. Due to traffic jam... the engine will automatically shut off when stationary. But when you pick up, it will still run on electricity until you reach the speed of 30 or 40 km/h... and the engine will start running again. By this... fuel consumption actually saves up to 40-50%.
But then... except for the latest 7-series that runs on hidrogen fuel (I doubt it will actually come to Malaysia)... I don't see any potential hybrid car coming to our shore.

BC23... your fuel consumption is perfectly normal...

haha, thanks again to all sifu.. this is my 1st BMW...b4 tat driving toyota...still alots of stuff to learn..

bc23;370625 said:
haha, thanks again to all sifu.. this is my 1st BMW...b4 tat driving toyota...still alots of stuff to learn..

same la... I was driving a Toyota Altis before buying this E60 :top:
Don't be paiseh... I am a first timer as well... but I learn a lot from this forum.

With sprint booster installed, my current fuel consumption is around 400 - 420 km per full tank for daily city stop-and-go driving.

wa dude (opposite_lock) in tat case ur still on the "burning" side. mine without installing sprint booster can go AT LEAST 500km per full tank top-up. eh...wait a min...ur is 525??

Top Bottom