325 sports no more in production

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bmwjunkie

Club Guest
Hi guys, was just told by Ingress SA that the 325 sports has ended production for awhile already? BMW wants to focus on the 325 normal model as it's priced more attractive to match the C230K. Is this true?

bmwjunkie;343823 said:
Hi guys, was just told by Ingress SA that the 325 sports has ended production for awhile already? BMW wants to focus on the 325 normal model as it's priced more attractive to match the C230K. Is this true?

The Sport Edition has been discontinued for more than a couple of months.

This could also possibly due to the E90 LCI due to be launched in the last quarter of this year.

Cheers

What i heard is different story, They said the new production line in Kulim now setting up end of the year will have new car for 325i sport

winder_ZZ;343934 said:
What i heard is different story, They said the new production line in Kulim now setting up end of the year will have new car for 325i sport

I'm curious how how will the new 325i Sports be specced. Hope it retains I Drive and other existing goodies, but for a lower price, hehehehe!

I heard the same thing as winder_zz from an AB SA, but sorry JPB, also that the price is expected to go up from 309k.

Schwepps;343976 said:
I heard the same thing as winder_zz from an AB SA, but sorry JPB, also that the price is expected to go up from 309k.

I guess that's expected but yet again, BMW has to be very careful in pricing and marketing the 325i Sports to match up with C230 V6 and the impending B8 2.0T. Against such newer competition, the 325i Sports goes some way in keeping the E90 exciting. If I were them, I would be very concerned.

Yeah agreed. Still I must say that with iDrive and the 2008 goodies like USB and Bluetooth, coupled with the 218 horses and superlative handling, it's one heck of a car. :p

Hmmmm ... look like I need to seriously considering changing my current rims to keep it fresh then (as my car is now officially obsolete)! :)

Schwepps;344011 said:
Yeah agreed. Still I must say that with iDrive and the 2008 goodies like USB and Bluetooth, coupled with the 218 horses and superlative handling, it's one heck of a car. :p

Oh yeah, agreed! My take is the newer competition still won't match the E90's driving capabilities when pushed on challenging roads. That's a great tribute to BMW!

Just when i've gotten ready to get one unit, it becomes obsolete! Any idea when the new 325 sports will be out?

Our cars obsolete every year, no matter which model, which year u buy, there's always something extra in the coming year model.. so why bother? Remember, nobody can guarantee there's a tomorrow, don't wait to show your affection, do it now! :wink:

Astroboy is exactly right. My 2007 unit was obsoleted by my 2008 unit as it didn't have USB, bluetooth, auto highbeam dimmer, etc, etc. ALL existing units will be obsoleted by the facelift arriving in 2009. Moral: don't split hairs (or count armpit hairs per astroboy) or by the time you get an E90, it will be almost time for a new model. :rolleyes:

yeah lor. u buy one now, few months later, its obsolete. cannot compete unless money drop from the sky

*sigh* am thinking of Golf GTI now.....

yeah lor. u buy one now, few months later, its obsolete. cannot compete unless money drop from the sky

*sigh* am thinking of Golf GTI now.....

Schwepps;344371 said:
Astroboy is exactly right. My 2007 unit was obsoleted by my 2008 unit as it didn't have USB, bluetooth, auto highbeam dimmer, etc, etc. ALL existing units will be obsoleted by the facelift arriving in 2009. Moral: don't split hairs (or count armpit hairs per astroboy) or by the time you get an E90, it will be almost time for a new model. :rolleyes:

We're in the same boat bro... I miss the USB the most. I don't mind the bluetooth, since I prefer not to share my conversation with any passengers, and I rarely go anywhere that I need to use the highbeam a lot (only once this year).

I wonder if we can upgrade our iDrive units to the HD-based one?

mine also dont have USB *sucks* got the AUX. traveller, wllchan told me, u can get a AUX monster for yr usb. try it la.

Top Bottom