323i & 325 i sport

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Traveler;451059 said:
but generally, their target market is the mass market, not the high-end luxury segment. For that, VW has Audi.

even audi ranked lower than bmw in survey of luxury cars -jaguar>merc>bmw>lexus>audi

Spaceman;450917 said:
get a M mobility kit in the boot. or join AAM.

i find changing a flat along road shoulder is not safe nowadays, pump the sealant or call AAM flatbed.

lots of us are running Non-RFT, mostly on 18' and 19' with better/softer rubber eg. Michelin PS2 and the like...go do survey.

dont mind me asking you a question, Can you remember how many times you had a flat during your entire ownership of vehicles? once every month?

Where can you get the M Mobiliity kit and what is the price?

If you can afford the 325, then go for it. Suspension stiffness over time is relative. It may feel harsh initially, but trust me, over a couple of weeks, your body will get used to it and you will get to enjoy the fast corner faster.

That's the advantage of the Msport package. better handling and looks. Plus I think the 323 is without i-drive.

On my old Civic EK, I've replaced the bushings into PU type and set the Koni dampers to hardest.
The car felt like without springs and the wheels simply like bolted on to the chassis. I was cursing all the way home with regret!

A couple of weeks later, it all set in and I was enjoying the drive.

Go for the MSport bro!

Fully agree with what you said, Mun. :top: It's only when you're expecting a soft ride that you'll find the ride hard. I expect a sports ride from my M-Suspension and RFTs, and I actually find that it's soft compared to previous sports saloons I've driven or owned!

Mun;451811 said:
Plus I think the 323 is without i-drive.

The LCI 323i comes with iDrive. My personal view is go for the 325i Sports (am biased as I have the pre-LCI 325i Sports) since:
1. Both engines are 2.5L, you pay the same roadtax, but the 325 has a higher level of tune -> more power & torque
2. Always hated wood trim. 325i has sportier trim
3. Better cornering/handling
4. Sportier/more aggressive look
5. You will get used to the harder ride. I use it as a daily ride, as long as you take due care by avoiding potholes, slowing down for speed bumps (which you would be doing for the 323i anyway), you will get used to it, and before long you will enjoy the handling.

Mun;451811 said:
If you can afford the 325, then go for it. Suspension stiffness over time is relative. It may feel harsh initially, but trust me, over a couple of weeks, your body will get used to it and you will get to enjoy the fast corner faster........

I beg to differ. I am now going to change the RFTs to regular tyres after 10moths of them on my 325i (pre LCI).

I am having back aches.

P.S. Saya warga emas hati muda. Hati kata pergi pergi, badan kate tak boleh

Traveler;451827 said:
The LCI 323i comes with iDrive. My personal view is go for the 325i Sports (am biased as I have the pre-LCI 325i Sports) since:
1. Both engines are 2.5L, you pay the same roadtax, but the 325 has a higher level of tune -> more power & torque
2. Always hated wood trim. 325i has sportier trim
3. Better cornering/handling
4. Sportier/more aggressive look
5. You will get used to the harder ride. I use it as a daily ride, as long as you take due care by avoiding potholes, slowing down for speed bumps (which you would be doing for the 323i anyway), you will get used to it, and before long you will enjoy the handling.

323i no iDrive la. Unless they bundle it in now.
1. Both engine tuned to the same output and torque, same-same..
2. Agree, makes old people more old.. this is supposed to be a young car and make people feel young at heart.. :wink:
3. No question about it. This car is tuned for handling with different anti roll bar and suspension. Even the front seat has inflatable waist support and lap extension.

The suspension, anti roll bar, bokykit and seats alone is a must have for bimmer fanatics. It will sell like hot cakes in the used car market, compare to my baseline model.. :(

RIKI;451688 said:
Where can you get the M Mobiliity kit and what is the price?

All the SCs carrie them. Just prepare RM700, more than enough. Got a BMW White Card? That'll entitle u 10% discount.

astroboy;451839 said:
323i no iDrive la. Unless they bundle it in now.
1. Both engine tuned to the same output and torque, same-same..
2. Agree, makes old people more old.. this is supposed to be a young car and make people feel young at heart.. :wink:

No la bro.. LCI 323i got iDrive - remember when we went to see it at IA during the launch?

323i is tuned for 190hp/230Nm while 325i is tuned for 218hp/250Nm.
0-100km/h: 323i is 8.7s, 325i is 7.7s
Top speed: 323i is 231km/h, 325i is 242km/h
325i is 15kg heavier (unladen weight).

The 325i Sports will make you feel very young! hehe.....

Oppsss.... ya! ya! My bad... 323i, 523i, all detuned with lower hp. Korek korek.. :p

I'm still living in the 325i vs 325i Sport era.. :D :D

My apologies. I just checked the spec sheets and the Sales person told me a fib. The 323 HAS a detuned 2.5l engine.

The spec are stacked as follows:

325i (preLCI) Power - 218bhp

323 (LCI) Power - 190bhp

325i (LCI) Power - 218bhp

RIKI;450712 said:
I also drive the 323i . I wonder what is your mileage now?
Are you still on the original CSC2 RFT's ? Mine is now nearing 22k km and the tyres are begiining to be harsh and noisy(my kids are beginning to complain) and there are very few months left in the thread.

I salute you for taking the 323i to 220km. I personally feel that the car is not really setup for high speed handling. A bit sofly sprung I think than the pre-LCI 325i
The car felt a bit "floaty" when above 180 km/hr on our highways and body control during high speed connering could be better.

Having said that, it is comfy for long distance and town commute.

Cheers..

:top:

sorry for the late reply Riki..I was away,
My mileage is now 17k... still feels alright.
I did do a tyre alignment and balancing at 10k

RIKI;450712 said:
Are you still on the original CSC2 RFT's ? Mine is now nearing 22k km and the tyres are begiining to be harsh and noisy(my kids are beginning to complain) and there are very few months left in the thread.

I salute you for taking the 323i to 220km. I personally feel that the car is not really setup for high speed handling. A bit sofly sprung I think than the pre-LCI 325i
The car felt a bit "floaty" when above 180 km/hr on our highways and body control during high speed connering could be better.

Cheers..

Hi Riki...sorry for the late reply... I was away
My mileage is now past 17k
Still on the same tyres. I did do alignment and balancing at 10k
I dont detect any change in the tyre as yet

RIKI;450712 said:

Cheers..

Hi Riki...sorry for the late reply... I was away
My mileage is now past 17k
Still on the same tyres. I did do alignment and balancing at 10k
I dont detect any change in the tyre as yet

Top Bottom