325 smg

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Bimmer27

Club Guest
Any suggestion.....hi there to all the member's,i'm currently using 4 pot e46 but i'm thinking of changing to 6 pot bimmer and it seems like the new E90 are far over my budget...so i have found this car this morning,it looks great for me but i heard that smg for 325 model gives alot of problem especially the gear box?btw,how you guys reckon about this car...?cheers....

gearbox, flywheel, wiring, sensors and actuator pump were recently changed at AB.. so now have 2 YRS WARRANTY from AB!!! try imagining how much those cost..

i doubt there's any other 325 SMG in the market that can offer you the piece of mind as this one re the gearbox!! :D remember, NEW = 2 YRS WARRANTY!!

i just bought a recond 325 smg but ci (CBU)... so far so good...

u gonna luv the smg man... slurrppppp..... :p

bro, go view the car and get it if you like, or else, it will be snapped up in no time. my friend is also considering :yes:

adliz,
yeap sounds nice 2 yrs waranty,i will considered that...

airylush,
thanks for your sharing,i really looking forward for the 325 smg...

safri,
i will call the owner,btw,im from alor star,hopefully i can get the details asap...

thanks guys....

Agree with bro Adliz...

2 yrs.. BUT you have to make sure that the warranty is true.. you better check with AB.. Heard they dont give second warranty claim..
PM me for further info..

FYI: The acuater alone is RM5k :( kena mine last CNY.. this is most common problem with SMG..

If you wiling to send to AB for maintenance then okay.. not many shop can handle this type of car especially the gearbox. mmm other then that is normal bro..

Good luck... :D

:huh: saw that car at AB Glenmarie... i think about 2weeks waiting for the gearbox... :huh:

Originally posted by adliz@Jun 1 2006, 01:21 PM
gearbox, flywheel, wiring, sensors and actuator pump were recently changed at AB.. so now have 2 YRS WARRANTY from AB!!! try imagining how much those cost..

i doubt there's any other 325 SMG in the market that can offer you the piece of mind as this one re the gearbox!! :D remember, NEW = 2 YRS WARRANTY!!
Hi,

Really Adliz?

My SMG has clocked aroung 66000KM so far no gear box problems yet. Just wondering, how many kms does your car has when this happen?

thanks

ya...his car looks good and sporty some more got two years warranty..
there would be no worries bro... :D

Originally posted by YellowMellow@Jun 1 2006, 12:34 PM
Agree with bro Adliz...

2 yrs.. BUT you have to make sure that the warranty is true..  you better check with AB.. Heard they dont give second warranty claim..
PM me for further info..

FYI: The acuater alone is RM5k :(  kena mine last CNY.. this is most common problem with SMG..

If you wiling to send to AB for maintenance then okay.. not many shop can handle this type of car especially the gearbox. mmm other then that is normal bro..

Good luck... :D

:huh: saw that car at AB Glenmarie... i think about 2weeks waiting for the gearbox... :huh:
dun give 2nd warranty claim? emm, i got my actuator pump changed twice under warranty.. however, i was told that they wont give/extend parts' warranty if they were changed FOC.. i paid for those parts btw... :D

got a fren who got his gearbox changed twice, FOC!! heck, my dad just bought a 2nd hand 530d (clocked around 30k) from AB, but the engine was changed under warranty.. reason? the previous owner say no power.. haha.. i guess warranty claim is quite subjective..

anyhow, i see that car again, sayang oo.. :cry: if i dun need the money, i'd keep it!!

p/s: mellow, how's ur smg so far? since changing the actuator pump?

i am using smg from AB and I bought it 2nd hand. so far after 8 months (touch wood) no problem. i guess it all depends on how do u used it. if u hentam and hentam and uses the launch control then susah lah..be gentle and be rough once a while. u will luv it but when in traffic jam.... a bit susah lah.

got my actuator pump changed twice under warranty.. however, i was told that they wont give/extend parts' warranty if they were changed FOC.. i paid for those parts btw... :D

Bro Adliz. I dont really understand? you mean just paid the labour or parts?

I guess warranty claim is quite subjective..

Agree with you bro Adliz... finally just paid the labour charge...

p/s: mellow how's ur smg so far? since changing the actuator pump?

Day before yesterday my gearbox light ON.. checked with my friend yesterday... he said got leaking at the acuater.. Tmrw have to send to AB... Problem again... my acuater only about 4 months old..

Dear Bimmer27..

My acuater leaking doesnt mean spoil.. they dont fitted it properly.. dont worry.. as what Bro Mhkamil mention... u wil luv it..... :D

Top Bottom