2011 E90 325i M Sports - Sluggish 1st gear?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Batman78

Club Guest
Dear All,I am about to buy a 2011 E90 325i M sports... I test drove it today but felt it a little sluggish from stand still... anyone got this feeling?I will be bringing it to Wearnes in Segambut to do a check up on it before I commit... just wanted to hear from the sifus here.

Is the fuel indicator showing 'reserve fuel'?. From my experience the engine sort of 'detuned' to limp or fuel save mode when fuel level is low; thus the slugginess.

On another note, if you are new to bimmers, unlike Japanese cars where we can sort of feather the accelerator pedal to move off, for bimmer we should step on the pedal harder for smooth & quick take off.

Just my 2 cents..)

rayncc;814517 said:
Is the fuel indicator showing 'reserve fuel'?. From my experience the engine sort of 'detuned' to limp or fuel save mode when fuel level is low; thus the slugginess.

On another note, if you are new to bimmers, unlike Japanese cars where we can sort of feather the accelerator pedal to move off, for bimmer we should step on the pedal harder for smooth & quick take off.

Just my 2 cents..)

Eeeeerrr ... The car does not do that. Mine has never. Also, the sluggishness may be because of the throttle pedal. In D mode you gotta push past 50% before she kicks in. That is why I installed a Power Box. In DS mode it's much better but then the car changes gear at higher RPMs.

hahaha! maybe that could be it... I've been driving Japaneses makes all these while...

for the bmw, I have to step on the pedal harder and wait for the RPM to climb a little before the car starts to pull... somehow the initial acceleration doesn't feel like it has 218hp on tap... I drop an Audi TT the other day and the acceleration was much better.

tIANcI;814529 said:
Eeeeerrr ... The car does not do that. Mine has never. Also, the sluggishness may be because of the throttle pedal. In D mode you gotta push past 50% before she kicks in. That is why I installed a Power Box. In DS mode it's much better but then the car changes gear at higher RPMs.

Really la Tianci, this actually happens on my car especially when the remaining range dips below 50km and the low fuel warning permanently displayed on iDrive. Even my wife who drives the car most of the time asked why the car suddenly felt sluggish; so I asked was the fuel level low; she said yes. After refuelling power back to normal. I meant not to say power drops to 50% or what but the sluggishness is evident. Well maybe my fuel pump already weak but unlikely so as car was not that old (yr 2009) mileage at 60k.

Yeah on normal driving the DS not really comfortable to me as rpm hits high range before upshift; only use when wanna lenjai or exiting the tolls haha. Will read more on the power box tingy.

Cheers!

rayncc;814545 said:
Really la Tianci, this actually happens on my car especially when the remaining range dips below 50km and the low fuel warning permanently displayed on iDrive. Even my wife who drives the car most of the time asked why the car suddenly felt sluggish; so I asked was the fuel level low; she said yes. After refuelling power back to normal. I meant not to say power drops to 50% or what but the sluggishness is evident. Well maybe my fuel pump already weak but unlikely so as car was not that old (yr 2009) mileage at 60k.

Yeah on normal driving the DS not really comfortable to me as rpm hits high range before upshift; only use when wanna lenjai or exiting the tolls haha. Will read more on the power box tingy.

Cheers!

Lemme test my car, will drive till it is low low on fuel! But will be nearby petrol stations la. LOL

In D mode it starts from 2nd gear. 218hp not on tap but around 6k rpm..

My fren,tis is an inline 6 normal aspirited eng,it needs to be rev... D power will be relevant on high revs...u need to know how to drives a N.A cars... It's different fr a turbo/supercharged cars. Trust me, keep all yr gears to d red line&upshift then u will know wat inline 6 is all about....it's so orgasm to listen to d music play by d inline 6... A great car needs to be looks good,powerfully eng,good handling&nice sounds... 325i msport fits d bill my fren...... Tats my personnel point of view..

Top Bottom