1er's Lumbar Support

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

K.K.

Club Guest
Hey peeps,Is it just me or does anyone else has problem with 1-series' driver's seat? I find the lumbar support overly supportive!Even after i've adjusted the electronically-controlled lumbar setting to the lowest and flattest, it stil protrudes and makes my back feel uncomfortable :62:. Any solution?

K.K.;446888 said:
Hey peeps,
Is it just me or does anyone else has problem with 1-series' driver's seat? I find the lumbar support overly supportive!
Even after i've adjusted the electronically-controlled lumbar setting to the lowest and flattest, it stil protrudes and makes my back feel uncomfortable :62:. Any solution?

Used to find the same problem... :wink:

ShiangHorng;447543 said:
Used to find the same problem... :wink:
Bro, so u just get used to it? Or did u kempiskan the air balloon? :)

Guna;447552 said:
Guys,does your lumbar support work via air pump?
yup, air pump!

i'm not sure if my air pump is defective, coz the driver's seat look very very protruded at the lumbar area compared to the passenger's.
must compare during one of 1er's TT meet.

Maybe a tiny needle to pop the balloon might do the trick.....hehe

Guna;447757 said:
Maybe a tiny needle to pop the balloon might do the trick.....hehe

am seriously considering that, coz yesterday's trip to and fro KL-S'ban-KL induced a debilitating lower back pain. WTF?! it must be some defect in the air pump mechanism, coz i dun think BMW would produce such astounding handling car that come's with uncomfortable driver's seat!

K.K.;448203 said:
am seriously considering that, coz yesterday's trip to and fro KL-S'ban-KL induced a debilitating lower back pain. WTF?! it must be some defect in the air pump mechanism, coz i dun think BMW would produce such astounding handling car that come's with uncomfortable driver's seat!

I can tell that it really is a pain in the back for you but my logic tells me that if there is a pump there has to be a release valve and my guess is that this release valve is either stuck due to dirt or the connections between the button and the valve maybe defective.I'm almost sure if you go to the mechanics,they are gonna tell you,you need a new whatever but most often than not these little pesky problems can be easily solved.Please keep us updated bro coz someday down the road I'm gonna need this info.

yeah, am paying a fren's workshop in Tmn Midah a visit nxt wk. see if he can deflate the pesky-booby-like lumbar support.

went to IA today... the guy said it's normal since d lumbar support is moving. if kaput won't move at all one.
really dun like the titties! giving me backache!

got it sorted out last week. went to a workshop and they dismantled the driver's seat. the tiny pump that works on the lumbar support is not releasing air, therefore the hyper-lordosis. got the air released and the wire disconnected from the pump, and the seat feels great. not gonna replace the pump as it costs over RM2K.
the pump for lateral support is working perfectly though.

Top Bottom