15 years undriven E34

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
fabianyee;463909 said:
Have you checked what's the market value for the E34 525i?
Then decide whether it's better to buy a working one or one which needs restoration. If you planning to do DIY restoration, it's a good experience. Otherwise, be prepared with at least RM10k for the restoration... Engine, interior, drivetrain bla bla bla..

End of the day, u might be better off getting a fair running condition E34 ..

The choice is yours, since you saw the car and know what's the current condition is like, we don't ...

Good luck..

Thanx bro for the advice. Currently I'm looking for a M50B25 transplant right now... Just searching for a good offer...

Yeah, who knows? Maybe it was an ex-mafia car. Or Ah Long. Killed somebody and dumped the body in the boot. Ha ha! Just kidding. But again, who knows?

AlgenTo;465259 said:
Bro. Good Luck... Roadtax also need to settle with JPJ..

Yeah, bro..After doing the heart swap later, need to send it to Puspakom for the inspection. Don't know whether is there any problem by changing it from 2.0 to 2.5 by the JPJ regulations?

advanzato;465310 said:
Yeah, bro..After doing the heart swap later, need to send it to Puspakom for the inspection. Don't know whether is there any problem by changing it from 2.0 to 2.5 by the JPJ regulations?

My fren transplanted a 2.5 into a 1.8 before.. There's an additional step involved.. Go search for info.. I think he mentioned something about Engineering division.. It's done according to the procedure, just additional existing steps to follow.

but then again, before you can transfer ownership. The car needs to be roadworthy and to go for PUSPAKOM inspection. U better go check for procedure, especially for your case where the car has been off the road for so long.. Don't be surprised, it's no longer in the system... :p Or some unscrupulous bugger took over the record...

Guys, I found M50B25 at the chop shop nearby Batu 10, Jln Cheras. They want to sell me about 2K for the engine only. Excluding the gearbox. Is it worth it?

And what do I need to do about the engine before I swap into my E34? Do I need to do the top overhaul?

Thanx guys for the advice.

p/s : How i want to paste a picture here? Anybody care to teach me?

And one more thing. if let says that I swap the engine from B20 to B25, what are the things need to be change? ECU? Wiring diagram? Gearbox? Or if anything that are not the same?

heres what i did bro :

-register for an account at photobucket
-upload your pictures to photobucket
-to include a pic in a thread posting, just copy the image code below the relevant pic to your reply and once you hit post the pic will be appear in the thread as part of your reply

hope this helps, cheers

vish;465572 said:
heres what i did bro :

-register for an account at photobucket
-upload your pictures to photobucket
-to include a pic in a thread posting, just copy the image code below the relevant pic to your reply and once you hit post the pic will be appear in the thread as part of your reply

hope this helps, cheers

Thanx bro. I'll do it later.

This is the picture of my incoming project car....

DSC04370.jpg

And before I forget, can anybody recommend me the workshop that doing a good job on conversion around Kajang or Cheras?

I did some time ago buy an e28 that was not driven for 3 years, did an oil change, plugs and it started fine. The oil left in the engine shud pretty much prevent any corrosion in the engine and the materials used by BMW should be of good enough grade not to just corrode by itself when it is coated with a film of oil.

It doesn't cost so much to try to start it up to see if it works then decide if you want to upgrade. The mileage must be very low if what the current owner says is true, so you would have a very new engine. Anything from the yard will have lots of mileage on it by now.

willy5;468056 said:
I did some time ago buy an e28 that was not driven for 3 years, did an oil change, plugs and it started fine. The oil left in the engine shud pretty much prevent any corrosion in the engine and the materials used by BMW should be of good enough grade not to just corrode by itself when it is coated with a film of oil.

It doesn't cost so much to try to start it up to see if it works then decide if you want to upgrade. The mileage must be very low if what the current owner says is true, so you would have a very new engine. Anything from the yard will have lots of mileage on it by now.

Hmmm..quite good opinion bro.. Never think about it..Maybe i can give a try to start it..no harm is it..since later i will do the transplant also..Maybe it will reduce my expenses on tow truck service later..hahaha...

advantazo

I suggest you pass on this car. Are you looking to genuinely rebuild an E34 or looking for a good car to drive? If you're looking to rebuild a car, then go ahead. If I was in your position, I wouldn't go for a car like that...it was a furniture for over a decade. Virtually any moving parts might have frozen or might need replacement shortly after running.

If you'd wait around 4 or 5 months, I'm looking to sell my car. It's an E34 in fine condition, maybe we could meet up for a drink and you could take a look at my car. However, if your heart is set for this car, go for it. Never go against what your heart tells you, I followed mine to purchase this car despite many telling me it's a risk but it was so worth it. ;)

Top Bottom