1.Reverse sensors

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

naga_v18

Club Guest
Hello cifusI have been experiencing reverse sensor error reading...\sometimes when i engage reverse gear,,its normal..where the indication is almost genuine..but sometimes it will detect ...left totally near(that red led's on with annoying alarm sound),,,any idea why does this happen?any one experience this before? :stupid:

Yes, mine behave the same lately and I was told you need to change the sensors which cost RM 400-500 per pc. Painful $$$!

I purchased a few used units as spare last time via ebay. Average around rm200 / pc.
Lately saw a number of postings E39 reverse sensors for sale in ebay.

If it's intermittent, then at least one of the sensors is dying off but not completely dead yet. You can switch key to "on" but not start, change gear to R, go to front and back to listen to the "clicking sound", weaker sound signifies sensor dying, no sound means the ultrasound sensor dead.

Bro seewai, i got my reverse sensor from local halfcut shop for only rm140 per unit... and that is for msport bumper which is different from normal one... normal one they are selling for only rm90 per unit... Halfcut in kepong.

IDT;751194 said:
Bro seewai, i got my reverse sensor from local halfcut shop for only rm140 per unit... and that is for msport bumper which is different from normal one... normal one they are selling for only rm90 per unit... Halfcut in kepong.

MK Autoparts?

IDT;751194 said:

Getting more common, price drop huh.

Top Bottom