'06 120i or '08 116i?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
tehyw;742440 said:
Valvetronic motor always fail. Absorber bushing also always fail. Lower arms, bearings, belts, gear oil is a must change... And reflag the edi. Good luck bro

Hi Tehyw,
Thank you for your pointers. What is EDI?
I plan to change the gear oil ne>

Histlers;743657 said:
Hi MFLooi,

How much the price of Gearbox oil? and u use 116i rite?

Hi Histlers,

I was quoted RM600 for the oil only. Labour are additional.
Gonna check prices in SG soon.

Yes, I am using 116i.

i'll choose the stick shifter over the steptronic anytime. 116 and 120 are considered the lower end of 1 series. so power & torque are nothing to shout about compared with 130/135. both prefacelift and facelift looks more and less the same and less people are able to disern the differences.

the manual would have less maintenance problem - longer gear oil change and longer durability. no need to warm up gear box during cold starts. more control while driving - can skip gears during upshifts. less of a robbery/theft target as less people could drive manual nowadays. can also push start - i mean literally pushing the car to start it.

finally, in the years to come, that'll be a collectors' item.

Active driving with E39 with stick Mon thru Fri, I drive an 118i to calm me hot soul down during the weekends :4:

seewai;747040 said:
Active driving with E39 with stick Mon thru Fri, I drive an 118i to calm me hot soul down during the weekends :4:

hahaha seewai, i can't wait to upload my new look 1er heheeh...just wait eaa..

MFLooi;743705 said:
Hi Histlers,

I was quoted RM600 for the oil only. Labour are additional.
Gonna check prices in SG soon.

Yes, I am using 116i.

Wow so exspensive meh...
MFlooi pm me ur contact no...later can lepak2

Top Bottom