X5 E53 LH Side Mirror Motor

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
the mirror something like this?

NewMirror.jpg

525i;753294 said:
The DIY turned out to be anti climatic. Started off well. Jarance was able to open the side mirror with no problems. Only to discover that the previous owner removed most of the original motor parts and put in a manual type side mirror mechanism. So until I get all the necessary missing parts, I'm afraid it's still no go even with the new motors. Bah! Stupid previous owner!

Anyway, many thanks to bro Jarance for taking a Saturday off to help a fellow BMW owner. I got served with coffee as well. Very hospitable of him. My gratitude to him for attempting this repair.

Haywire, If you do find out that the E39 side mirrors uses the same motor, then i have 2 for sale. Haha.

A car dealer told me that all of them knows about the X5 folding mirror problem and what they do is they will replace the cover which holds the button to fold the mirror to one that doesn't have a button and tell buyers that the car does not have such a feature.

Can anybody tell me where to order the motor from taiwan as i have the same problem with my X5. Many thanks

You're in luck. I have these motors with me as I couldn't fix it to my car due to some other problems. Let me know how many you need. Oh BTW, please introduce yourself in the Newbie section so we all know who you are and what car you drive.

525i;791509 said:
You're in luck. I have these motors with me as I couldn't fix it to my car due to some other problems. Let me know how many you need. Oh BTW, please introduce yourself in the Newbie section so we all know who you are and what car you drive.

Haha.. there is no problem with your window lar.. It is just not motorize.

Yeah it would be good if somebody buy the part from you as I can confirm it will fit the X5 mirror.

jarance;791541 said:
Haha.. there is no problem with your window lar.. It is just not motorize.

Yeah it would be good if somebody buy the part from you as I can confirm it will fit the X5 mirror.

Haha. That's the problem la. No motor in a supposedly motorized part. And it's damn difficult to find a replacement. People are asking 2k for 1 mirror! Madness.

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum. I have just bought a new worm gear for my X5 wing mirror motor (folding in and out).
Does anyone know how I get the old worm gear off the motor shaft and re-attach the new?
Many thanks,

Chris

thornton_chris;822052 said:
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum. I have just bought a new worm gear for my X5 wing mirror motor (folding in and out).
Does anyone know how I get the old worm gear off the motor shaft and re-attach the new?
Many thanks,

Chris

I know. Quite simply to do.

Hi. Reviving this thread. :)
Need help on the same worm gear issue.
Anybody still offering a helping hand?

samharon said:
Hi. Reviving this thread. :)
Need help on the same worm gear issue.
Anybody still offering a helping hand?
DIY on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0y66AdlCLQ

hi guys..having problem with my foldable side mirror for my e53..anyone can help me with the worm gear?

Top Bottom