X5 2006: Good Buy???

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

sdp74

Club Guest
Hi, i'm new and currently on the look out for an X5 - found one unit 3.0l 06 model, mileage approx 14-15k kms. Owner asking RM325k, understand he's planning to get a new model, due to be rolled out month or so..question: Is this a good buy considerin the price quoted or shall i nego somemore. Appreciate forumers' feedback.

sdp74,

Did you end up buying the X5? If you did, please share some of your experiences as i'm also looking for one now.

Thx.

mrbean;213159 said:
sdp74,

Did you end up buying the X5? If you did, please share some of your experiences as i'm also looking for one now.

Thx.

Mrbean,

Not yet, am also considering e60, approx same price though not apple for apple..

07 model will be out in june, understand it will be close to half a mil...:D

very new!.. but check body for damage..maybe that's the reason for sale? ..nego for a better price then take it!

really nice and classy ride.. good luck

sdp74;213461 said:
Mrbean,

Not yet, am also considering e60, approx same price though not apple for apple..

07 model will be out in june, understand it will be close to half a mil...:D

sdp74,

Yep - the 07 X5 is going to cost a bomb! Bumped into a 2004 3.0 X5 with Sports package - 19" rims, full bodykits, X-drive and adjustable ride height. Looks pretty cool. Still contemplating......Also am looking at E60 525i M-sports.

Not too sure which one to go for as both are very tempting (wish i could afford both :)

mrbean;213671 said:
sdp74,

Yep - the 07 X5 is going to cost a bomb! Bumped into a 2004 3.0 X5 with Sports package - 19" rims, full bodykits, X-drive and adjustable ride height. Looks pretty cool. Still contemplating......Also am looking at E60 525i M-sports.

Not too sure which one to go for as both are very tempting (wish i could afford both :)

mrbean, how much were you offered for the x5?. i presume not more than RM275k?

Safri,

Yes - it's about RM270k and it comes with a very low mileage of less than 20k kms. Decided to pay a refundable booking fee though I'm not 100% sure yet bcos the E60 525i is also very inviting.

Any advice, mate?

Cheers.

For me, i will go for X5, bcoz i have 5 series (e39) oledi..

But if i dun have my e39, i will go for e60 in ur case.

Either SUV or MPV is always my 2nd car in the future.

mrbean;213848 said:
Safri,

Yes - it's about RM270k and it comes with a very low mileage of less than 20k kms. Decided to pay a refundable booking fee though I'm not 100% sure yet bcos the E60 525i is also very inviting.

Any advice, mate?

Cheers.

Mrbean, good price considering low mileage clocked by it in 3 long years!. would still advise you to nego it down further based on an 06 model price which is currently hovering around RM320k - using 10% simple depreciation rate, you will end up with approx RM260k for an 04 model but yours' comes with sports package which is not cheap.

X5 2002 unreg sport package

Hi Guys,

just bought a X5 2002 unreg Japan spec for RM235K (is it a good buy?) also how to know whether it is a sport package. Can u guys let me know where to service my X5 at PJ or Klang Valley where i can get good service , reliable and affordable.

hope to get reply.

cppeng

safri;214213 said:
Mrbean, good price considering low mileage clocked by it in 3 long years!. would still advise you to nego it down further based on an 06 model price which is currently hovering around RM320k - using 10% simple depreciation rate, you will end up with approx RM260k for an 04 model but yours' comes with sports package which is not cheap.

Thanks, Safri for your tips. Will try to nego further.

BTW, I just got an invite in the mail for the launching of the new X5 at KLCC area (same as the F1 event venue) on Sat June 2. Might be worth checking it out.

The launch of the NEW X5 is on Saturday - 2nd June 2007!

anyone else got invited for the launch? we can go in a group.....

They couriered one to my home for 2nd June, and couriered another invite to my office for 3rd June (Sun). Kinda strange.

Also got an SMS today stating to go to AB website to register for invites. I think they are trying to fill the seats for the launch.

Looking in MotorTrader, there are still many units '03/'04 X5 for sale. However, i THINK the cars are not moving as its always the same ads appearing week after week!

You must first decide if you want a V6 (3.0) or a V8 (4.4/4.6/4.8).

Since our diesel quality is of high sulphur content, unlike Europe, perhaps we should just stick to petrol variants. (to avoid potential engine damage)

In M'sia, our choice of X5s aren't great. Prices are also high!!

My personal route will be to locate used X5 from UK, where there are plenty of choices, buy an AP and import myself. In this way, I can look for a car of my exact specs and colour!

The final price I will pay will probably be cheaper then the used car dealers too! :)

Top Bottom