x3 aircon service/flush

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

beam2u

Club Guest
hi guys,just a quick note, my driver side vents was blowing warmer air compared to passenger sides.thought that maybe a problem with seals or other issues.contacted the dealer that i bought the car from, he recommended a place for aircon.they did a service/flush and all is well now.a big difference in coolness.i want to post the name of the place in case you are in the pandan jaya area.it's called "pang air con service".the mechanic is "ah fung".i told him i'm gonna post his shop and he said no problem.just mention "881", my car number.btw, the cost was $120 for about 2hrs of machine based cleaning.makes a big diff.

Good info bro Im having a same problem. Any reason why the aircon act that way?

hi covert,

i searched the net for this issue before i went to the workshop.
it seems that there's quite a bit of similar cases, but most of the cases had to do with other things/issues like o-ring seal, leaks, etc.

when i took the car in to the aircon place, they checked for leaks first, confirmed that there were no leaks then said that if the system is flushed, everything will be ok.
they were quite confident and so i said ok.
i was surprised when after the flush and re-fill, aircon was great.
they measured 9.5C on the digital thermo, and this while climate control temp was set at 20C, not even minimum yet.

if you're experiencing the same symptom as i, where one side is cooler than the other, just ask the aircon place to check for pressure in the system and see if there is a leak.

Top Bottom