Air-con King?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Went to Naidu yesterday at about 4.30 pm to service the aircond.. i noticed sometimes the aircond not cold. After he checked apparently the compressor slipped which cause the warm air..

He said service etc all can be done in 1 and a half hour. Sounded fair to me. Waited until 6.00 pm, the compressor was still abandoned reason given that they are looking for the parts (while serving other customer).

After saw me become restless, 6.15 pm quoted me to repair the thing for RM240 or replace 2nd hand for RM260-280. I said do what is best so he went and look for the 2nd hand parts in the workshop.

6.30 pm still could find the right parts, it looked like he does not have any..

6.45 pm rain starts pouring. He took out the necessary things to make the car run and asked me to come the next day or later.

7.00 pm left naidu. I was driving in pouring rain, sweating like hell while wiping the mists on the windscreen and at the same time trying to avoid banging on other people's car on the federal highway....

Good or bad experience? Yet to decide coz I still have to go there to do it up... how much the damage? it could have been a lot....

Watch this space...

Originally posted by ma_aun@Feb 22 2006, 10:11 AM
Went to Naidu yesterday at about 4.30 pm to service the aircond.. i noticed sometimes the aircond not cold. After he checked apparently the compressor slipped which cause the warm air..

He said service etc all can be done in 1 and a half hour. Sounded fair to me. Waited until 6.00 pm, the compressor was still abandoned reason given that they are looking for the parts (while serving other customer).

After saw me become restless, 6.15 pm quoted me to repair the thing for RM240 or replace 2nd hand for RM260-280. I said do what is best so he went and look for the 2nd hand parts in the workshop.

6.30 pm still could find the right parts, it looked like he does not have any..

6.45 pm rain starts pouring. He took out the necessary things to make the car run and asked me to come the next day or later.

7.00 pm left naidu. I was driving in pouring rain, sweating like hell while wiping the mists on the windscreen and at the same time trying to avoid banging on other people's car on the federal highway....

Good or bad experience? Yet to decide coz I still have to go there to do it up... how much the damage? it could have been a lot....

Watch this space...
While we met & chatted yesterday afternoon I do recall asking his new 'bimmerhand' wher Naidu was & hls reply was dat Naidu had gone hunting for parts -your parts I suppose.
Sometimes trying to find parts can take quite a bit of time, dude, so mornings & full working days r best for us customers but not Saturdays, holiday season like CNY or late afternoons -parts suppliers may be closed. Also, with bawah pokok type mechs, don't expect them to lock their financial reserves in inventories, there4 very likely they will hav to call out/ hunt for parts. :D

ma aun and 2 cents,

I too was at Naidu's yesterday at about 5.30pm to fix my E46 325i's aircon! You must be the 2 gentlemen chatting by the roadside next to an E30 with body coloured bumpers?

Originally posted by wglee@Feb 22 2006, 11:25 AM
ma aun and 2 cents,

I too was at Naidu's yesterday at about 5.30pm to fix my E46 325i's aircon! You must be the 2 gentlemen chatting by the roadside next to an E30 with body coloured bumpers?
Yes dude, I carry da club schticker on my rear screen & it wud haff bin delightful if we had da opp to meet u yesterday. :D

Sorry maybe off topic but still on AC. What abt stinky air-con, my air-con starts smelling like wet dog after the ac has been running for abt 45min-1hr. Is it my dryer or something else?

yeah man MM what happen to you.....how come no news abt whom u went to c.

I too believe you have gone to a different Air cond king couse apperently i was told thr are 2of them at the same place.

believe me whn i say Naidu is definately an Air-Con King and not to mention
reasonable and honest

Originally posted by wglee@Feb 22 2006, 11:25 AM
ma aun and 2 cents,

wglee,

kindly update us on the outcome when you get your car back.

cheers.

Originally posted by zaskar@Feb 22 2006, 11:38 AM
Sorry maybe off topic but still on AC. What abt stinky air-con, my air-con starts smelling like wet dog after the ac has been running for abt 45min-1hr. Is it my dryer or something else?
Charles, I hav da same problem sometimes but not only in my ride but in quite a few rides of other makes.

naidu seems quite friendly la ... i changed quite a few things cooling coil including .. all in for about 550 ... i hope thats the end for at least 3 years la ... and oh i have to go back to him because aircon doesn't seem cold enough...anyway under warranty.

Yeah well... don't know whether he went to look for my parts or not but it was only later that he asked me whether to change or to repair, that is after you left, 2 cents my man.... didn't expect him to do in 5 minutes either as i specifically asked him how long he needed and add an extra 1 hour for buffer coz i know oso workshop biasa la...

Anyway, this afternoon called him before I went there to make sure the parts are ready and he did it in an hour... and he understood the danger of driving in the rain without air cond too..

overall verdict: ok, but definitely could have been better - will go there again for one more try...

damage: 270 for the compressor, 30 gas and 30 labour..

price reasonable or not: don't care coz i reckon its gonna rain again today..

:eek:k:

Originally posted by ma_aun@Feb 22 2006, 06:38 PM
Yeah well... don't know whether he went to look for my parts or not but it was only later that he asked me whether to change or to repair, that is after you left, 2 cents my man.... didn't expect him to do in 5 minutes either as i specifically asked him how long he needed and add an extra 1 hour for buffer coz i know oso workshop biasa la...

Anyway, this afternoon called him before I went there to make sure the parts are ready and he did it in an hour... and he understood the danger of driving in the rain without air cond too..

overall verdict: ok, but definitely could have been better - will go there again for one more try...

damage: 270 for the compressor, 30 gas and 30 labour..

price reasonable or not: don't care coz i reckon its gonna rain again today..

:eek:k:
"...Yeah well... don't know whether he went to look for my parts or not but it was only later that he asked me whether to change or to repair, that is after you left, 2 cents my man.... didn't expect him to do in 5 minutes either as i specifically asked him how long he needed and add an extra 1 hour for buffer coz i know oso workshop biasa la..."

I can understand how u must feel about Customer Care, efficiency & PR Communications -big words in our world but to these small business owners, they're not likely to understand these values in the same way we do...biasa laa.
He ain't da only small biz owner who does works dis way. Yes, I hav da same gripes too but what's important to me is that he does a good diagnosis & a good job.
But having said that, nobody's perfect either - altho seldom, at times I've had to return to him at least a coupla times over a single problem...so Nikkiboy I don't expect him to solve it in 5 mins either!

For good PR and customer relationship, go to AB. Waiting room aircond, free flow water cooler, got tv to watch, can chat w the pretty sales reps.... who are waaay more attractive than Nd and his staff... :D

Originally posted by Lee36328@Feb 22 2006, 09:25 PM
For good PR and customer relationship, go to AB. Waiting room aircond, free flow water cooler, got tv to watch, can chat w the pretty sales reps.... who are waaay more attractive than Nd and his staff... :D
MUAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

TRUE..............VERY TRUE!

Hey guys, where is this Naidu chap's workshop?
My aircon is doing its thing too....if its 3/4's full, and I accelarate it starts to cough and sometimes it dies for awhile, I'll have to shut it off and wait a few minutes then start it again! By the way it has a heater too....

Originally posted by ericlks@Feb 24 2006, 09:11 AM
Hey guys, where is this Naidu chap's workshop?
My aircon is doing its thing too....if its 3/4's full, and I accelarate it starts to cough and sometimes it dies for awhile, I'll have to shut it off and wait a few minutes then start it again! By the way it has a heater too....
on jalan gasing...behind the Shell petrol station that is near the old EPF building

Top Bottom