[WTB] Rear Driver Side Window Regulator/Electric Lifter

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

xcrave

Club Guest
Searching for these item:
26.png
need item no 2Just happen when i opened the rear window driver side snap sound and its gone... have to go to cap ayam workshop to have it temporary held up by metal bracket... (it was already 6pm so thats the only place to go)ALSO, the dame mechanic bended my interior window trim _>> the soft metal rubber trim for the window to interior panel connection...Will try if i can re align the cables... saw it here... if not same problem then i'll have to change a niew one :)Wish me luckREAR WINDOW DIY GUIDE

Last screw cant open... im afraid ive ruin the groove... hmmm im already using #8 ratchet driver... i wonder why it wont budge... even spray tons of WD40...

Step03b.JPG

Anyone selling the regulator only? the motor still works fine :)

Thx a lot...

Stuttgard offer me RM 300++ with shipping just for the regulator hope somone have a cheaper solution...

Still having a hard time on the window 8mm screw... not sure how to open it next....

GUYS NEED HELP!!! Helpp!!! i just ruined the groove of the inner 8mm? hex screw groove gone... this is the one i meant...

Anyone know a way to open a ruined Hex nut???

Rear_Door_20.jpg

u may try this one thing "broken bolt remover".can get it at hardware shop.cost about rm20-rm30....
how to use? drill a hole on the broken bolt, later pull it by this remover. the remover thread is reverse to normal bolt thread

images

I just googled it yesterday and still waiting for time to go shopping for it... but thanx ! Got the parts---> window regulator

this "broken bolt remover" :- remove "skru patah" then u can use same screw/bolt.... this thing not ruin ur original thread....
ie : original bolt/screw is 10mm as pic shown, then after remove the broken one then can easily
put new 10mm bolt/screw.

wish u luck on ur DIY....

Thanx M3addict... well in the end ive solved it much simpler ... i just grind the nut so i can grip thm with pliers and turn it...

Basically i need to break the plastic clip as you see on the photo...

Rear_Door_20.jpg

then remove the regulator arm out... this way i will have direct access to the said hex nut which have been stripped...

after the nut is out is a direct replacement...

#1 put the motor back in the regulator tract
#2 slip it in to the 3 bolt holding it, thighten all screw...
#3 Lower the mirror slowly to the clip and srew (in my case a new better hex nut bought from local hardware for RM 2 :)

The Size of the Hex nut is 8mm... the one i strip is 7 1/2" its not 8mm... thats why it's stripped

Lastly test the windows and oil the sides if needed... Voila! the job is done...

All in time spent actually about 1 hours plus, the stripped nut takes the longest :)

** edit: i changed a few plastic clips (got from ebay) for a lot of 50pc... its very cheap and good if you always open the door panel (sound sytem,diy etc...)

The door panels (all 4 of them) are now as tight as... no more creaking sound :)

Top Bottom