WTB - E36 M40B18 Engine

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

jarance

Founding Member
Looking for an E36 M40B18 Engine Kosong. Low mileage if possiblePM me your best price and contact number.Car was driven by my brother and it overheat. Mechanic say engine KO.Might also consider newer engine like M43B18 if the price is right with ECU and wiring hardness.car is now in Optimum Motor in Kayu Ara.. (jason). his man have promise to get me a good price last Monday but have not got come back to me yet.

ayoo unker ...when i had no one wanted it ....some1 took if from me and never paid .... rm100 for engine kosong + with some other internal parts too ... :(

running conditon engine ...and that person later on sms to say that my engine is no good ...

sad sad ....

half cut may set you somewhere around rm 1K~ 1.5K for an engine which you may not be able to start also ...from the lantai ...

that was the last i saw an M40 at a chop shop ...

all the best if you manage to get lower than these indicated price .

I have one m40 for sale enjin kosong that is, going for a fair price.
PM me if interested

ICEMAN 13;495644 said:
half cut may set you somewhere around rm 1K~ 1.5K for an engine which you may not be able to start also ...from the lantai ...

that was the last i saw an M40 at a chop shop ...

all the best if you manage to get lower than these indicated price .

yeah, that is about the price.. Last time I got mine for 1.5K but the engine have manifold, throttle body, air intake and clutch fan come with engine.

Engine also managed to start after a few crank... :love:

Anyway, planning to replace timing belt and all the oil seal regardless on the condition of the engine so that have a good "history" of the timing belt..

bhai. wrong timing.. sorry to hear that there are 1 people who complain that your engine is no good because you change your oil almost every month.. Hard to believe that person claim..

maxkpp;495668 said:
I got one m43 engine ... RM2k if interested

what about ECU and wiring hardness?

dont think the m40 ecu is compatible m43 engine...

Bro , have few unit at Kuchai lama,my mechanic shop.pls call me 019-3825823.TQ

maxkpp;495668 said:
I got one m43 engine ... RM2k if interested

jarance;495670 said:
what about ECU and wiring hardness?

dont think the m40 ecu is compatible m43 engine...

he's got everything.. inclusive the wiring, ecu, air mass(very new)... very low milage
engine...how i know, cos the engine was sold by me !! :love:

i think so, gearbox also have..

pussy;495705 said:
he's got everything.. inclusive the wiring, ecu, air mass(very new)... very low milage
engine...how i know, cos the engine was sold by me !! :love:

i think so, gearbox also have..

Yeah, i forgot about the AFM. BTW, are the M40 AFM compatible with M43 AFM.

need some advise on what else that need to be upgrade when changing from M40 to M43.

rest will fit in.. but M43 afm not same as m43.. different language i think...only known is some M40 same as M42..
not so sure on the ews.. need also to check if M43 engines year 97 came with ews ?

Russie.. help needed for unker here...

pussy;495762 said:
rest will fit in.. but M43 afm not same as m43.. different language i think...only known is some M40 same as M42..
not so sure on the ews.. need also to check if M43 engines year 97 came with ews ?

Look like I have to call Russie...

Calling russie.. help please.. :eek:

unker go for M50b25 ....manual larrrr ...

looks like ya m40 already merajuk larrr since you upgraded to e46

ICEMAN 13;495827 said:
unker go for M50b25 ....manual larrrr ...

looks like ya m40 already merajuk larrr since you upgraded to e46

Thank but no thank you.. Too much upgrade to consider. :eek:

jarance;495791 said:
Look like I have to call Russie...

Calling russie.. help please.. :eek:

Unker, I am here, hehehe. Yes, my M43B18 (manufactured in year 1997) comes with EWS.
Previously, when I tried to jump start another car with the M43, I almost fried the ECU, luckily the mechanic after diagnosed it with the GT1, told me the setting of the EWS went cuckoo... so only needed to reset the EWS error code setting.

http://bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24540&highlight=fry+ecu

That's why I am cocksure my M43B18 year 1997 comes with EWS. Hope this helps~ good luck Unker.

pussy;495762 said:

Pussy, u mean M40 AFM not the same as M43's? I think a lot readers are confused here ...

M40 also got, with everything ...
M43 from Pussy all in with autogearbox... fren help fren mah...
I think of getting a M10 for my NK2000 yr 1967..... saw two a year ago, hope still there :)

Thanks everybody for their PM and offers.. It was very helpful.

One OM have offer me a M43 engine (97) with all the harness, ecu, ews, afm, power steering, a/c compress.

btw, becos fren fren also didnt want commission. Since the price is below market price, I will not mentioned it here. Afraid if forummers know who is, will press him for discount and then he will have to close shop.. hee.. hee..

Oh yeah, I have tow the car to another workshop cos optimum did not want to undertake the engine replacement unless they supplied the engine.

FYI, Optimum offer RM1600 for an m40 engine. In addition, they charge about another RM1400 for replacing oil seal, timing belt, oil replacement and workmanship.

Anyway, thanks everybody for your offers. cheers.

Moral : It good to have friends in this forum.

Top Bottom