WTA: Does m-sport car have more hp compared to normal spec?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

mielo86

Club Guest
HiHave some Q want to ask e92 owners here..what does M-spec car come with? does't it have performance upgrade package come along (faster than normal e92 in term of Hp?) im refering to 320i CBU model..thanks in advance sifus

Same horsepower and torque for msport and non msport. It's 156 hp for 320 and 218 hp for 325 .

FIRZ67;720041 said:
Same horsepower and torque for msport and non msport. It's 156 hp for 320 and 218 hp for 325 .

o..ok..so what's the different of m and non-m?i ask this question because my friend intended to by e92 m sport n he say being told by the salesman that msport engine is more powerfull..so here i am seeking the truth on behalf of him..thanks bro for the info..so nooby la me..hehe

M-sport car more on feeling of drive and handling of the car.
M-sport steering feels good , 323i e90 steering is for girl...no siok
M-sport suspension makes you feel confident to nego with conners, whilst 323i is a family car better don't do that.
otherwise it is the same.

that answer a lot...thanks..now i know what's the different...my friends is new to bmw so he dosen't know much..he's opted to get 320i but i told him to go for a higher cc base on my experience..

Msport is basically a trim level.. just like Avantgarde on a Merc,only more sporty.

Normally entails a sportier bodykit,sporty tuned and slightly lowered suspension setup and yes,u've guessed it..a sportier interior trim as well.This includes Msport spec steering,seats and trim.
The engine and gearbox remains the same model to model ie a 325i and a 325i Msport has the same engine and gearbox,thus the same power output as well.

M-sport car more on feeling of drive and handling of the car.
M-sport steering feels good , 323i e90 steering is for girl...no siok
M-sport seat wow, can glue you on the seat. normal seat less curvy
M-sport interior trim...Aluminium...cool, normal fake wood plastic...
M-sport boky kit.... more refine
M-sport suspension makes you feel confident to nego with conners, whilst 323i is a family car better don't do that.
otherwise it is the same.

320i don't lah...even 323i/325i no feel...you go to test 320d, We have 320d powerkitted 200hp 420NM, feel like "half of M3" car at street but pay less plus fuel also less...what a machine...

if its for the 320, depends on how much extra your fren is willing to pay for it.

for me...the following i cant do without
Steering (i really dislike the normal steering)
Bodykit (i feel the non-sport bumper is not garang enough, the Msport front air damn is so much nicer)

Rims - can change
suspension - Msport suspension sucks to high heavens, its dog shite.

Ryou ... I love the M sport suspension, for me it's sweet. Hehehe ... Maybe my backside losing sensation dy.

tIANcI;720929 said:
Ryou ... I love the M sport suspension, for me it's sweet. Hehehe ... Maybe my backside losing sensation dy.

Are you on RFT's? im sure there are ppl who like it...thousands of ppl have the msport suspension, but its really not to my taste. My wife likes to read while im driving, in 10 years, i have had wrx, GTI, FTO etc, no problems..in my e92 msport, she gets sick within 5min. My 'gang" of 4 335's, all ditched the msport for aftermarket...not because we itchy to mod, but because we really cannot live with it.

Ryou;720940 said:
Are you on RFT's? im sure there are ppl who like it...thousands of ppl have the msport suspension, but its really not to my taste. My wife likes to read while im driving, in 10 years, i have had wrx, GTI, FTO etc, no problems..in my e92 msport, she gets sick within 5min. My 'gang" of 4 335's, all ditched the msport for aftermarket...not because we itchy to mod, but because we really cannot live with it.

Ryou ... Yeah me on RFT. In Germany they have autobahn, in Malaysia we have potholes. What after market shocks are good? In the sense that you get good ride comfort for town driving but firm when you wish to have fun. Care to give me some insight? I would be keen to look into it. Thanks.

Ryou;720940 said:

haha, of course wife don't like M suspension, my wife complaint too. However, I like my wife complaint it. They don't even do conner at 60km/h. If want super comfort, the Nissan Teana is excellent...recommend to her. BMW 3-series, too many yeak yeak sounds from windows/doors...do you have this?

jwah;720976 said:
haha, of course wife don't like M suspension, my wife complaint too. However, I like my wife complaint it. They don't even do conner at 60km/h. If want super comfort, the Nissan Teana is excellent...recommend to her. BMW 3-series, too many yeak yeak sounds from windows/doors...do you have this?

A workaround can be provided by putting some 3M tape around the door seals. Mine's now all gone.
Was very annoying to hear the "yeak yeak", from a "premium" brand.

Complain to BMW Service Center - they know what to do.

tIANcI;720963 said:
Ryou ... Yeah me on RFT. In Germany they have autobahn, in Malaysia we have potholes. What after market shocks are good? In the sense that you get good ride comfort for town driving but firm when you wish to have fun. Care to give me some insight? I would be keen to look into it. Thanks.

KW V2 :top:

I have an E92 with the M-sport package, and the suspension is a bit too stif, my butt got kebas after driving through the smart tunnel, Yikes. My swift has a much comfortable ride in that tunnel.

but cornering is syok man, but seriously just get the normal one and put on bodykits to make it look more garang, steering wheels can always buy later, suspension and shocks also can use other good brands. Also make sure to get the N43 engine (170 bhp) if u plan on getting a 320i.

Contrary to popular beliefs, the letter M does not automatically grant you extra ponies and torque.

Top Bottom