WTA: BMC CDA filters

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

chewkies

Club Guest
HI, Anybody can help me on the BMC CDA airfilters>???In their website they have a remark stating that the CDAs are meant for track use only. Means cannot be used for our daily rides?Me driving a 3.4 stroked..any effect?Thanks

It's just one of those safety things. It's for people who don't like the noise of the air filter induction basically. Its perfectly legal. Me and I'm sure a few other forumers have been driving with it on with no problem. If you do get it, id suggest not directing your hose all the way down to avoid taking in rain/road water if u ever run over a puddle or drive into a deep patch of water.

Van1ty;365760 said:
It's just one of those safety things. It's for people who don't like the noise of the air filter induction basically. Its perfectly legal. Me and I'm sure a few other forumers have been driving with it on with no problem. If you do get it, id suggest not directing your hose all the way down to avoid taking in rain/road water if u ever run over a puddle or drive into a deep patch of water.

Oh thanks...i'd love the sound...hahah
So how far shd the piping be? low enough but good cold air intake n not hot engine air.

BMC CDA :love: get it for d sound and looks bad ass when u open d front bonnet :top:

chewkies;365762 said:
Oh thanks...i'd love the sound...hahah
So how far shd the piping be? low enough but good cold air intake n not hot engine air.

For mine I don't even use the piping. Just point it at a downward angle. Air comes in from the front anyway between the bonnet and the headlights.

B33mEr;365827 said:
BMC CDA :love: get it for d sound and looks bad ass when u open d front bonnet :top:

yeah planning to. What do you use to connect yr CDA to the air mass meter?
also, if i plan to do piping through the vent would this suck in water as well?
Thanks.

chewkies;366310 said:
yeah planning to. What do you use to connect yr CDA to the air mass meter?
also, if i plan to do piping through the vent would this suck in water as well?
Thanks.

Get a hose reducer 90mm-80mm (maf is 90mm and d BMC is 83mm on my engine) ... i use ASR hose (cheap n cheerful) cost less than rm50 i think... for d piping well i would if i could cos there's no room in my engine bay to fit the hose so i wouldn't know about water getting in. But i must say this tho ... so far i haven't heard anyone with a CAI have had their engine hydro lock...

B33mEr;366363 said:
Get a hose reducer 90mm-80mm (maf is 90mm and d BMC is 83mm on my engine) ... i use ASR hose (cheap n cheerful) cost less than rm50 i think... for d piping well i would if i could cos there's no room in my engine bay to fit the hose so i wouldn't know about water getting in. But i must say this tho ... so far i haven't heard anyone with a CAI have had their engine hydro lock...

Thanks. Where did u do yrs?U got it fr Exoticmods?Anywhere to recommend on the piping?

chewkies;366375 said:
Thanks. Where did u do yrs?U got it fr Exoticmods?Anywhere to recommend on the piping?

DIY installation bro it's very easy :top: plus did my own custom heatshield (but looks very funny lah LOL) and yup got it from exoticmods... most of my mods/upgrade is from exoticmods. Am not sure what you mean by the piping tho cos d CAI hose is supplied together with d BMC ... but if you want a professional installation... opposite exoticmods is Raymond Auto which can do it for you... but ask for installation pricing first :listen:

B33mEr;366363 said:

Same here. The connecting hose was at a minimum length, yet still the BMC hose couldnt fit. Hydrolocks are rare, but still possible with a risky intake setup. =p

Van1ty;366471 said:
Same here. The connecting hose was at a minimum length, yet still the BMC hose couldnt fit. Hydrolocks are rare, but still possible with a risky intake setup. =p

LOL ... true bro there is still a risk but highly unlikely... unless got a banjir lah :p

B33mEr;366497 said:
LOL ... true bro there is still a risk but highly unlikely... unless got a banjir lah :p

Right. I forgot Malaysia was a dry country. Haha.

Van1ty;366633 said:
Right. I forgot Malaysia was a dry country. Haha.

No lah ... Malaysia is a hot n humid country therefore ...Owh were u being sarcastic:eek: ??? LOL :p

Top Bottom