Wiper Washer Not Spurting Out Water for Windscreen

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

OngSY

Hi. My car is facing the problem of the wiper washer not spurting out water for the windscreen as one would expect.

1. When the washer is switched on, very little water comes out for the windscreen. But a lot of water comes out for the headlights, when the headlights are on.
2. The washer reservoir is filled to the brim.
3. The motor sound can be hard whirling. So should not be the motor fault.
4. There are a lot of bubbles from the water as seen from the headlights washer.
5. After sending it to a BMW authorised service centre (I prefer not to name it here), they removed the washer tube, blew air into it, and the problem was solved, at least temporarily. A lot of water then came out for the windscreen and the headlights. But after driving for about 15 mins, the problem recurred. Very little water (actually, almost no water) comes out for the windscreen, as before. And, as before, a lot of water comes out for the headlights.

Does anyone know what happened here? Would appreciate if anyone can offer any advice.

I was asked to bring my car back to the service centre for them to remove the washer reservoir and clear the whole washer system. Apparently they said it would take more than 1 whole day, and I have to leave my car overnight.

looks like you have sediment in the windshield washer reservoir to have it clogged up again after intial blowout of the washer tube.
i personally would DIY.but if you are under warranty,then no choice but to leave it to the svc ctr

The cause of the problem is the cracked hose between the reservoir and the nozzles, resulting in loss of pressure. After replacing the hose, problem solved.

Why the hose cracked is anyone's guess.

Hi OngSY,
Juz checking, after you change the Cracked Hose is it OK now ? I think mine is having the same issue like urs.. Juz happend couple of days ago. Im arranging to set appointment with SA to fix the problem. How long does it takes to changed the cracked hose ? Whole day or have to leave car overnight ? U changed it under warranty ? Mine warranty over..

Hi harisf. After changing the hose, my wiper washer is working perfectly.

I have to leave my car at the service centre for 3 days as they need to order the part from JB. I was told the actual process of changing the hose is quite fast. Not many other parts need to be removed to make way. 3 days in my case is because in the process of investigating the fault, they removed several parts. Instead of fixing those parts back for me to take my car back while waiting for the part to arrive, I agreed to leave my car until the problem is fixed.

All works were under warranty, so no charge.

Top Bottom