Why is the 320i faster than the 328i?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I don't believe that a stock F30 320 can be faster than a stock F30 328 if everything else is the same. Same fuel, same tyre brand, same tyre size, same tyre pressure and same wind speed and same ambient temperature and same driver, etc. It would not be a fare comparison if any of these factors is different.

Don't think this is true.agreed with mavik and splee. The lateral force is not used to measure how fast is the car but speed. A simple 0 to 100 km/hr test tells the truth

Actually the forum post starter in the link had the misleading title that the 320i is faster than the 328i. In the paper article he showed, the writer wrote that the 320i is a good car in general.

sh_Callum said:
Based on this post, weight that counts despite that 328 is a more powerful car.
Still too many questions unanswered in the post. There are just way too many factors to conclusively give that statement. I like one of the suggestion that the forumer in the post mentioned, same conditions, same driver, same tyres, bring it to a track and do 10 laps each on both those cars. The results should give a good conclusion.

Well I bought 328i becoz the idrive controller has 7 buttons.. I know 320i is faster than 328i but without the 7 button controller my life is not complete!

Nightswan said:
Well I bought 328i becoz the idrive controller has 7 buttons.. I know 320i is faster than 328i but without the 7 button controller my life is not complete!
LOL best answer yet! I thought it would be the larger screen so watching DVD is nicer :p

simonyap said:
Can't play video CD la!
Damn that sucks, I always thought the 328i models had a DVD player. What would you all do in traffic jams? :p

I think I must have watched countless of TV series episodes in my car already

Strange US version 320i has fatter rear than 328i

That probably account for the diff

My understanding from the BMWUSA website is that the 320 sport package comes with My understanding from the BMWUSA website is that the 320 sport package comes with 225 front 255 rear tires and the 328 sport line comes with 225 wide front and rear (M sport line needed for 225 front / 255 rear tires). front 255 rear tires and the 328 sport line comes with 225 wide front and rear (M sport line needed for 225 front / 255 rear tires).

couldnt be la........316i should be fastest-est........lesser cylinder leads equals lesser weight.......hehehehe

My personal opinion, I don't quite believe 328 is slower than 320 despite that I owned the 320i. Logically speaking, there is no any advantages to own a 328 which u need to pay much higher price. Anyway. Don't take this too hard, after all it is just a blog.

sh_Callum said:
My personal opinion, I don't quite believe 328 is slower than 320 despite that I owned the 320i. Logically speaking, there is no any advantages to own a 328 which u need to pay much higher price. Anyway. Don't take this too hard, after all it is just a blog.
Got a lot of advantage, 328 has an 8 in it means very good :D :D :D

Hi Mavik,

Care to share where can I get the audio system coded to enable video to play on while on the go? Thanks.

Top Bottom