Who has watermark problem?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Russie;322679 said:
Jarance, try to apply the Rainstain Remover onto the cloth or sponge and then only slowly in a circular motion, wipe onto the glass surface to remove the stains. No need to use the liquid excessively, try to post some pics up for us to see.

Many thanks.

Glad to know it removed the stains on your car too.

oops.. actually try that method as first but was too slow. So I just pour the pure liquid directly on the windscreen and rub with a wet cloth..:wink:

Unker Jarance, please have some patience in cleaning the stains :) you poured everything onto the glass, sure will get glare coz excessive liquid on the glass surface. I believe if you do it patiently by pouring the liquid onto a cloth and wipe off the stains, you will get a better result (no glare, no smearing, just clean & clear glass surface).

Thanks

Hi Russie, can the remover work on (car body) paint itself? and not the mirror/windscreen per se?

Russie;322703 said:
Unker Jarance, please have some patience in cleaning the stains :) you poured everything onto the glass, sure will get glare coz excessive liquid on the glass surface. I believe if you do it patiently by pouring the liquid onto a cloth and wipe off the stains, you will get a better result (no glare, no smearing, just clean & clear glass surface).

Thanks

yeah.. I know now after the glare effect.. Will experiment with other method. :smokin: and see the outcome.. :rock:

jarance;322878 said:
yeah.. I know now after the glare effect.. Will experiment with other method. :smokin: and see the outcome.. :rock:

Hey Jarance,

I'm sorry to come in late here for my opinions. This solution whatever it is, is very effective against watermarks but for some strange reason it makes your wiper marks more pronounced after you apply on it (the windscreen).

I did my two cars (Harrier and E46) by a professional spray painter and learned a very expensive lesson, as eventually I had to change both the windscreens. It's particularly bad at night. I tried many ways to remove it to no avail so in the end got to spend $$$ to fix it.

Simply put, use it on all your glass areas except for those where the wipers are working on. Very fine and almost invisible lines are formed as your windscreen aged with frequent wiper use. Normally these lines are almost unnoticeable but it suddenly becomes obvious once this solution is used on it, manifesting itself as glare like you mentioned.

Make no mistake, this is an impressive product as demonstrated on my heavily stained Harrier but a caution should be placed against using it as described above. If you do successfully remove the glare, do let us know for I've tried so many ways with no success.

Russie, if you are reading this I would like to buy some but I'm from Penang, so how can I reach you? I hope you won't be upset with me for what I've written here, it's just that the product doesn't help at certain situations.

Yesterday, before going back from work, I buff the windscreen with a dry cloth and it reduce the glare. I used my windscreen wiper with the spray running to clean the glass with water mixed with soapy solution. It have reduced the glared by 50%. Look like it is the residual of the stainer remover still on the glass surface.

tkw, thanks for your comment and advise.. I will certain informed if I find a solution..

racheltoh;322864 said:
Hi Russie, can the remover work on (car body) paint itself? and not the mirror/windscreen per se?

I have tried it on my ex-Wira previously, yes the Rainstain Remover can even remove stains on body paintwork but not advisable. Why? Coz normal wax or polish can also remove stains from the paintwork, just need some elbow grease.

Cheers

tkw;322978 said:
Russie, if you are reading this I would like to buy some but I'm from Penang, so how can I reach you? I hope you won't be upset with me for what I've written here, it's just that the product doesn't help at certain situations.

No problem, but I believe the product you have used or rather the shop has used on your ride was not this product. Probably some other products in the market? How many bottles are you looking at? My brother is in Penang, if possible perhaps I could arrange for you to meet up with him in Penang to pick up the bottles? PM for details please?

Thanks

jarance;323027 said:
Yesterday, before going back from work, I buff the windscreen with a dry cloth and it reduce the glare. I used my windscreen wiper with the spray running to clean the glass with water mixed with soapy solution. It have reduced the glared by 50%. Look like it is the residual of the stainer remover still on the glass surface.

Jarance, best would be clean off the glass surface with shampoo (to totally remove all the stains residual and the excess Rainstain Remover. Similarly, if we use Rain-X on the glass, it would cause minor haze and glare if we do not properly buff off the excess liquid.

Cheers

WTF, juz now got time to wash my car and clean the front/rear windscreen with Russie formula. :motz: Now get the glare in the front windscreen. The rear is sui sui without complain, but the front..OMG..Glare in the wiper wipe place, but ok in the top and side (the place which wiper do not wipe). How come?? I had flush with car shampoo and water.

Last time i clean the side window oso OK..:confused: :confused:

bmw7833, try to wash all windows and windscreens with shampoo and rinse thoroughly with water. Do not skip this step, this would ensure the excessive formula is removed and also the residuals left over.

Usually, the area where the wiper wipes shouldnt have stains unless you have left your car under sun and rain for a long long time.

I wash with car shampoo and rinsed with water many times oledi..May b time to change the front windshield..Now are terrible glare..

bmw7833, did you use the same type of cloth and method as in your 1st time? Your 1st time cleaning seems ok. Try to use very fine polishing cloth, and use Rain-X to clear off the hazy glare.

This is what you can try, apply Rain-X (get the original product) on the soft cloth, in circular motion rub onto the affected area. Let it dry under the hot sun for 2 hours. Then clean off the surface. Then see if the glare is gone or not. Drop me a PM if you have questions.

Cheers

Yes, it is ok for the 1st time, same cloth and method i used.

As i mentioned b4, the glare only appear on the wiper wipe place but not in the side or top which wiper do not wipe it usually.

I do not blame u, juz preparing to change the windshield. The rear windshield i oso did it in the same time same method same cloth, but it looks bling bling, happy with it anyway..:top:

bmw7833;324749 said:
Yes, it is ok for the 1st time, same cloth and method i used.

As i mentioned b4, the glare only appear on the wiper wipe place but not in the side or top which wiper do not wipe it usually.

I do not blame u, juz preparing to change the windshield. The rear windshield i oso did it in the same time same method same cloth, but it looks bling bling, happy with it anyway..:top:

If that's the case, maybe the area where the wiper wipes would be relatively thinner? And not suitable to clean using Rainstain Remover?

Guys, for those of you who are using it, try not to use it on the wiper area k?

Suspected that may b the formula can not use on the windshield which wipe by silicon wiper..Juz may b..:dontknow: :confused:

Not sure for silicone wiper blades, but normal rubber wiper blades have no problem. Anyone else facing such problem? Do update us please.

Yes, juz collect the input from the silicon wiper and normal rubber wiper user then we know it.

bmw7833;324764 said:
Yes, juz collect the input from the silicon wiper and normal rubber wiper user then we know it.

I think it has something to do with silicon wiper coz I am also using silicon wiper. :stupid:

Anyway, just an update on my research to rectify the glare.

Went to auto shp yesterday and got the following:-

1. Soft99 rubbing compound
2. Soft99 Luster wax and polish.

On close examination of the glass where the wiper area, I can see a very fine mark following the direction of the wipers. These mark cause a fine haze on the glass surface.

In order to remove the fine haze, I use the rubbing compound to remove the haze. I find that circular movement is not good when I try it out on a small area. (experiment mah). The best direction is actually straight and perpendicular to the direction of the wiper. i.e. from top to bottom direction. This will help to clear the fine line on the glass surface.

After rubbing down the glass surface with the rubbing compound, i rinse the screen with a wet cloth and hose water.

After drying the glass surface, I can still see some fine line but it was not as bad as before.

For the final work, I use soft luster wax and apply a thin coat on the glass surface and again applying from top to bottom direction. After letting it dry for about 5 minutes, I used old newpaper to buff off the dry layer of wax.

It seem that newpaper works better than dry cloth.

This early morning while driving on the highway, I notice that the glaring effect have been reduced by about 90%.

Cost:
1. Rubbing compound - RM 21.90
2. Luster Wax - RM 15.90
3. Sweat and labour - ????

Satisfaction - Priceless........

Bought items brought from Jusco..

Car Care Products

Just to share with you guys some good products for car detailing after trying quite a few of them. I don’t detail cars very often but when I do, I will just use these and I highly recommend them. See pics in link below.

The Jestco Glass polishing compound is the best and it removes all glass surface contaminants, hard water marks, including swirl marks and even light/medium scratches (need some patience for best results).

Zymol is excellent and Meguiar’s Clay Kit is a very good product for the price. Note the Zymol Carbon (with clear top cover) is specially formulated for darker paint, use Zymol Crème for light color. Quixx is very effective and probably the best in market for paint scratch remover, if used as instructed. Scratch must not penetrate through primer to be effective.

Also shown is the custom BMW roundel decal set to match your car’s color (if you don’t like the light blue).

http://s294.photobucket.com/albums/mm91/jeffphan_2008/Car Care Products/

Top Bottom