Which Digital Camera

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

anxious

Club Guest
Guys, I should be getting my car back soon I am planning to get a digital camera to share photos of my ride. Budget about RM500++. Which camera should I get. Sony vs Canon vs Olympus? What specs should I look out for? Thanks

according to your budget yeah canon ixus
just point n shoot + slim colorful design

Yeah, forgot to add that, the Ixus series is about the most practical and best point-n-shoot available... fast focussing (even in low light and at zoom), crisp images, fast processing, slim, etc... For some reasons I have always thought that this series is about the only range that can make girls part with their money, willingly... must be the looks... :) Anyway, no social stigma for a guy to lug this little thingy around... :) So, go get it...

Canon PowerShot A460 was on promo at Queensbay for RM499?

5 Mega Pixel
4x optical

I think Ixus 70 is about RM1000 isnt it?

i've been quite pleased with my kodak c743 so far... 7.1 mpix, 3 X optical zoom at RM599

The new Benq and Samsung digital cameras are apparently quite value for money. Try dpreview.com to see the specs

just got myself the panasonic lumix FZ12 for around RM850...pictures v good with lively colours..using leica lens..

anxious, correct, ixus 70 is about RM1k, or a little above.

guru, the canon G7 is in the "prosumer" range (PROfessional conSUMER), with SLR-like features (except for changing lens)... expect prices just below or on par with entry-level digital SLRs.

Lee36328;211961 said:
anxious,

am looking at some digital cameras myself. Nikon D40x looks good.

nikon kaki also ka.. heheheheheh... how much woh these days for a nikon D40x body?

Check out the Fujifilm FX30 also. Good low light result apparently. The other important feature is optical image stabilization. Not sure if you can get that under RM500 or not. I was looking around also for something in the same price but fail to find out, so stick to my film cameras. Good luck in your shopping.

Search around the web like Flickr for people's actual photos taken with specific cameras (yes, Flickr has that search option). In that case you won't find too many surprises that the camera does not do well under certain conditions.

the cheapest one i think is the Nikon L4 or L6. About RM500-RM650 or so. Can negotiate and get a 1GB SD as well.

I usually go to Ampang Park to shop for cameras. I go to this shop on the 1st floor, near the escalator. Good bargains.

If you can stretch your budget a little bit more, there are plenty of choices. I have a Lumix too. FX10 to be exact. this is for my ordinary point and shoot, in the pocket camera. For a little bit more canggih, I use the Lumix FX27. Not pro DSLR but have enough settings to learn a thing or two before I dump serious money on a DSLR, if I can take good photos la.

Affan, any other shops you would recommend for good bargains? Does the shop you mentioned carry Nikon stuffs?

TIA :)

ALBundy;212043 said:
Affan, any other shops you would recommend for good bargains? Does the shop you mentioned carry Nikon stuffs?

TIA :)

another good shop would be Key Color in Midvalley..think its level 2 center court...quite professional staff

regards

My fav shop in KL... On 1st Floor PUDU Plaza. Very popular shop for many SLR enthu.

Top Bottom