what is the name of this part

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

lildevil

Club Guest
Can someone tell me the name of this part? got this picture from a member here last time, but I dont know the name. thx. Sorry the name of the part that I wana know is the one called sucker 10q.

This is the brake valve. It connects to the brake pump. So, it's a brake system thingy. If it's faulty (leaks/worn), ur brakes may not function optimum.

I think you are referring to this item:
CHECK VALVE SUPPORT 34331156703

its called a one way check valve.

your brakes function with the aid of vacumm pressure from your engine via the inlet manifold. the part you were enquiring, provides a one way air circulation from your brake master pump towards your inlet manifold, stoping any reverse flow of air.

partial failure of this part will give you symptoms like a spongy brake pedal under hard braking. ever tried stepping on your brakes without starting the engine (no vacumm pressure? the feeling would be the same should this part fails entirely. failure could be due to a clog up of the passage within the valve, air leaks upstream etc etc ect....

cheers

But the person who posted this pic last time said that this item causes the rpm meter to jump up and down a little bit, but now I hear it concerns the brake =(, so how do I solve bouncing rpm meter? it bounces when the car is stationary and makes a little bit of sound as though something is blocked. 10q.

anything involving vacuum will effect the braking and idling mah....

my vacuum hose was leaking and whnevr i depressed the brakes last time my timing went higher!!!

So what is the excact name of that part so that I can tell them to change that also. Thankyou to everyone who helped me on this =) Oh ya one more thing. Is links power in sunway a good place to do engine conversion? if not can anybody recomend me a place. ty ty.

Originally posted by lildevil@Feb 27 2006, 01:45 AM
So what is the excact name of that part so that I can tell them to change that also. Thankyou to everyone who helped me on this =) Oh ya one more thing. Is links power in sunway a good place to do engine conversion? if not can anybody recomend me a place. ty ty.
links power is a good place for engine mods etc....if u own an r34 or a rex...

a few beemers do go ther but i suggest u go elsewhere(unless u hav an unlimited amount of cash)

depends on wht u want to do 2 ur ride too...

u can alwiz pm bmwsideways or kevster or fabianyee and ask thm where they do their mods...

rgds,
-brad-

Top Bottom