What do you guys think of KIA Sorento

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Armereth, i am i the same predicament as u.I really like the sorento, esp the price.Not to sound too cheap skate, the attractive price is a starting point.what really seals the deal is the reviews i get to read from many owners in europe and the US(non diesel).ie good value for money.It has a tow rating of 3000kg which is enough for most boats and the drivetrain is pretty smooth.The 160 or 170 ps rating is really something.I only worry about the quality of our diesel

i dont know whether to go for it, or wait for

the new Ford 4trac pick up
the new Mitsu Triton pick up
a 3 litre toyota Hilux Vigo
the new Chevy Captiva ( Daewoo S3X)whh is the nicest suv i have set my eyes on....in the internet.

If u have extra money to spare,the petrol fortuner is a pretty decent car, all black, black windows and 22" wheels.but the diesel fortuner is really underspeced , slow and cheapo interior .better go for the hilux in this case and save 70k.

I wanted many cars...alphard, V50 , E90 , XC90 etc but look what i have now.......1 mth old Naza Ria, 12 yrs old E34 touring, 25 yrs old Jeep CJ7,classic Porsche

Just being prudent for now.Go for the Sorento but keep yr E34.

armereth,

MUST consider the maintenance also coz a brand new car must be sent back to KIA service center. I use KIA car b4 and the maintenance was killing me. Just because of the overheating, (I was told that this is normal), i have to spend almost RM13k.

The oil change is very much expensive.

Just to share with you.... anyway it is yr money...

Cheers

Originally posted by 5er@Dec 7 2005, 08:54 PM
armereth,

MUST consider the maintenance also coz a brand new car must be sent back to KIA service center. I use KIA car b4 and the maintenance was killing me. Just because of the overheating, (I was told that this is normal), i have to spend almost RM13k.

The oil change is very much expensive.

Just to share with you.... anyway it is yr money...

Cheers
This is the common problem, a friend of mine in penang also one of the victim. His KIA CARNIVAL (bought brand new a few yrs back )more than 5 times in and out of the service centre. When i ask him how's ur car, he replied "TAK GUNA PUNYA KERETA!" and regrets buying it. Now he's trying to dump the car.

Thanks all for the advice.

ersalle,
Yes. I heard a lot of horror story too about sky high maintenance and high FC. My buddy who is dealing in spare parts advise me to forget it citing non-availablity of parts beside being expensive.

5er,

RM13k??? for repairing what? Gearbox?

Aaron,

From your list I would have go for Toyota Hilux. No second thought. BTW, I was using Mazda Figther for 3 years before my current E34. Good and solid. No prob with it, just a little bumpy because it is using leaf spring. Was told all pick up now come with softer ride. So should be ok

Anyway, I have decided not to go for it since I have just spent so much getting everything fixed on my E34. Of course, it will be ideal if I can have both. But then, my home minister rejected the proposal....

Top Bottom