What do you guys think of KIA Sorento

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
A

armereth

HI, Any 4X4 guys here that can give some comments? Since the price has drop by 20K to RM138K, I am interested to change my ride. Tested it a year ago, bodyroll is bad because the suspension (to me) is a little soft. Other than that I thinks it is pretty good. Any comments?CheersArms

korean car fuel consumptions is very high laaa.....
petrol are very expensive nowdays...

Yeah. Heard of horrendous fuel consumption for KIA but then my current E34 is no better off. I can live with high FC.

Realibility is where I am worry. Some guy in autoworld is complaining about transfer case konk after 2 years and cost to replace is RM12K!!!

Arms

All I can say is.... don't change your BMW for a Korean car.... you will regret it. One of my neighbour has a Korean MPV and it has been visiting the mech with continuous problems.... one after another. Not to mention the horrendous FC.... but then again, that MPV could carry 7 in comfort.... He got rid of it in the end.

Originally posted by flash@Nov 21 2005, 03:54 PM
All I can say is.... don't change your BMW for a Korean car.... you will regret it. One of my neighbour has a Korean MPV and it has been visiting the mech with continuous problems.... one after another. Not to mention the horrendous FC.... but then again, that MPV could carry 7 in comfort.... He got rid of it in the end.
All this while I like the sorento very much but couldnt afford it as it cost about RM170K last time. I told myself then that if the price is RM140K, I will go for it. Now, it is only RM138K!!! Can get discount somemore. Very tempting lah...

Pening already....

Originally posted by flash@Nov 21 2005, 04:25 PM
I know how you feel.... but better go with your head than your heart.... can save a lot of moolahs. I once went with my heart instead of my head and I am still reeling from its effects now.... :beaten:
Mind to share your experience?

-next year naza will come with their own SUV!!!
its a same like kia carnival and carens!!!
much more more cheaper!!!

MNK,

Another SUV? Isn't this the one? Already called NAZA Sorento now.

Flash,

SLOTH? But there are many mods you can go for what.

Toyota Fortuner is good n value for $, Kia no resale value, my fren just sold his Sorento, sold only RM9x,xxx, too bad. Pity him lo :cry:

Fabian,

Oh.... I see. He He... I remember reading his posts before saying he is happy with it... now regret pulak. Flash, no worrylah, can always dump in 2.5cc mah...

Johnny,

Talking about Fortuner, they priced it ridiculously high!!! I have no qualms about the car built infact it is exactly what i want. Seat 7 and 4X4 but at RM165K for a third world car!! Sorrylah. At RM130K (as priced in Sawadeeland) I would have go for it already but not at Rm165K. And lets not forget it doesn't have leather seat, no sequential box, no sunroof no this no that. I know Toyota name can sell but I thinks this time they have gone too far.

BTW, can someone give me BMWorld Ah Wai contact no please. Thanks

Arms

Originally posted by armereth@Nov 22 2005, 09:15 AM
Fabian,

Oh.... I see. He He... I remember reading his posts before saying he is happy with it... now regret pulak. Flash, no worrylah, can always dump in 2.5cc mah...
That is the problem. It was a good buy then.... but a few months later, I could find better buys.... oh well, to go on with life. Planning future upgrades.... urrrr, now thinking bigger, 2.5L may not be big enuff.... :nyehehe: :nyehehe:

Originally posted by armereth@Nov 21 2005, 08:15 PM
Fabian,

Johnny,

Talking about Fortuner, they priced it ridiculously high!!! I have no qualms about the car built infact it is exactly what i want. Seat 7 and 4X4 but at RM165K for a third world car!! Sorrylah. At RM130K (as priced in Sawadeeland) I would have go for it already but not at Rm165K. And lets not forget it doesn't have leather seat, no sequential box, no sunroof no this no that. I know Toyota name can sell but I thinks this time they have gone too far.

BTW, can someone give me BMWorld Ah Wai contact no please. Thanks

Arms
Here you go. BMWorld AhWai no: 0162206687

Top Bottom