What brand of Lower Arm are you using in your e46

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

clavenk

Club Guest
Hi there, i thought this would be a good topic to start here, so that everyone can share what brand of front lower arm you are using currently.I been wondering which brand give you good handling and last long. How long does it last and what are the symptoms you start realise the part is wearing off. Please indicate the price as well.First time i change my lower arm 2 years ago, now i start to have some sound coming from lower, especially bumpy road.I bought those cheapest china brand which cost me about rm 300 each side. I guess 2 years is the best lifespan for this cheap part?

best is go for OEM, Lemforder or Meyle. Or if you can afford it go for those M-sport lower arms with harder bushes and ball joints. A fellow forummer here is selling his.

Yup, i agree with the brand you listed here, but still meyle have few type of lower arm, HD or non HD and thing like that? I want some personal view from people who used it before on exact brand and model.

clavenk;754370 said:
Hi there, i thought this would be a good topic to start here, so that everyone can share what brand of front lower arm you are using currently.I been wondering which brand give you good handling and last long. How long does it last and what are the symptoms you start realise the part is wearing off. Please indicate the price as well.

First time i change my lower arm 2 years ago, now i start to have some sound coming from lower, especially bumpy road.
I bought those cheapest china brand which cost me about rm 300 each side. I guess 2 years is the best lifespan for this cheap part?

If i'm not mistaken all the SMG CKD version is fitted with the M-Sport control arms ... They're still the best imo. Lemfoeder is OEM for BMW so those are good alternative.

B33mEr;754433 said:
If i'm not mistaken all the SMG CKD version is fitted with the M-Sport control arms ... They're still the best imo. Lemfoeder is OEM for BMW so those are good alternative.

I ask m-sport from bavarian auto 1 side is 1.4k something like that. is way too expensive. Anyone know how much to get the lemfoeder one?

Lemfoeder one is quite common and can be found in most spare shops I think, try the usual BOMIN, 1st Division, Munich, etc...

1.4k for M? not too bad, yes mine is M=Sports and those M arms are good...directional steering is spot on and instant. if u can afford it get them! :)

Iceduke;754455 said:
Lemfoeder one is quite common and can be found in most spare shops I think, try the usual BOMIN, 1st Division, Munich, etc...

1.4k for M? not too bad, yes mine is M=Sports and those M arms are good...directional steering is spot on and instant. if u can afford it get them! :)

yup 1.4k for 1 side. Previously US was selling ZHP suspension upgrade kit for e46 which selling at 500 usd around that, which consist of both side lower arm, thicker anti roll bar, shocks for front and rear. But to ship this set is damn exp. But still worth it cause here only sell separately. As i say one side arm is already 1.4k+-. By the way i was too late to find that out, by the time i ask those online store in US ,already no more stock and BMW is not producing it anymore.

well you can contact a forummer her EdwardPua he has a set of used M-Lower arms for sale from his M-Sports E46. Give him a buzz...

Iceduke;754469 said:
well you can contact a forummer her EdwardPua he has a set of used M-Lower arms for sale from his M-Sports E46. Give him a buzz...

Thanks for the information. But i planing to get a new pair, as this is wear and tear item.

Top Bottom