How long does your absorbers last?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Dude

Not sure the price in USA but i think about 2k also. Now very difficult to find Sports for E30 in KL or S'pore cause no one wants to stock them anymore. If can find for 1600 buy buy buy.
1 thing though, sometimes with the sports & lowered springs, ride might actually be better than std length shock with lowered springs. Due to the unmatch length, the absorbers life will be shorter & ride may be worst.
Another option is Koni adjustable. Whats your budget lar...

Hi there,

need advice from forumers here. actually i'm still new with UDM. Actually just got my UDM from my friend, e36 325i. recently, i notice that my car a bit lower (probably 1inch) at right side. for info, this UDM featured with lowered springs (not sure the brand, but I see its yellow :dunno: ). then the absorbers, front adjustable bilstein (green) rear, i dunno, the mech for the workshop i went yesterday, say that, its not adjustable (also bilstein type, green colour). Now i'm wondering what the problem, my fren told me that it can be serviced (reset the absorbers?) the other one says that it springs problem...so need an advice from everybody here...thanks

Originally posted by wann77@Aug 16 2005, 02:47 PM
Hi there,

need advice from forumers here. actually i'm still new with UDM. Actually just got my UDM from my friend, e36 325i. recently, i notice that my car a bit lower (probably 1inch) at right side. for info, this UDM featured with lowered springs (not sure the brand, but I see its yellow :dunno: ). then the absorbers, front adjustable bilstein (green) rear, i dunno, the mech for the workshop i went yesterday, say that, its not adjustable (also bilstein type, green colour). Now i'm wondering what the problem, my fren told me that it can be serviced (reset the absorbers?) the other one says that it springs problem...so need an advice from everybody here...thanks
bro .. abit lower from the rear right side is due to the Battery weight and also the position of the fuel tank .... i think this is quite common for
E36.,..

just my 2 cent ..

my set-up... bilstens black and apex springs.. can take 170km/h on sweeping corners on the highways..hehhehe

Originally posted by Fireblade@Aug 17 2005, 05:44 PM

D good old days when I had suspension with rebound, compression & pre-load adjustable shocks. And the sweet Ohlins steering damper. At least you still got a bike, & dun try to racun me again friend - if not I take your bike for a spin :nyehehe:

you better not kena the Vtwin racun.........after that you wont go back.......coz the inline 4 will just be so damn slow and no more kick...... :lol:

so far okow is still resisting, but his old flame the TLS keeps haunting him........ :lol:

for $800, try and get the HD, not sure if its available, its tuned to street setup and some say are good with the eibach prokit, and there's the thing with getting proper ones for 4 pots or 6 pots too, so try and get the proper one, or get the 6 pot then upgrade your engine later....... :D

Originally posted by teejay@Aug 17 2005, 09:09 AM

for $800, try and get the HD, not sure if its available, its tuned to street setup and some say are good with the eibach prokit, and there's the thing with getting proper ones for 4 pots or 6 pots too, so try and get the proper one, or get the 6 pot then upgrade your engine later....... :D
WORD! Pisau api......this man knows what he is talking about......the bilstein and eibach combo has been well tested extensively by many of the e30 fraternity!

BUY! BUY! BUY! BUY! BUY! BUY! BUY! BUY! BUY! BUY!

*i'm sure the billboard royalties can cover them........ekekekekeek*

Originally posted by pussy@Aug 17 2005, 08:58 PM
my set-up... bilstens black and apex springs.. can take 170km/h on sweeping corners on the highways..hehhehe
wow Pussy thats one clean engine..full marks for hygiene! :D :wink: :D

call 1st division and find out thier price...0362519815...thier prices are quite cheap so far. but not sure if they have stock though

Originally posted by skar19@Aug 18 2005, 03:04 PM
call 1st division and find out thier price...0362519815...thier prices are quite cheap so far. but not sure if they have stock though
Yeah, I've called 1st Div. and they only got the normal ones (TC). Also called up BA Jln Ipoh & Stuttgart and they too dont have the HDs.

Originally posted by pussy@Aug 17 2005, 08:50 PM
no.. not my engine..a friend's one..

Miau ..

Air filter toooo small .. Got to use BMC ..
Not enuf air intake ... + got to build heat shield.
Hot air not good for en-jin ...

Top Bottom