Weird tyre problem.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

badak

Club Guest
If that's happen in my car, i will replace the tyre in no second. It just too dangerous to drive, dont know when and where the tyre will give up.

ok ok guys time to tukar! but anyone know how this happened exactly?? never seen this problem before.

Which brand & model is your rubbers? They should be changed immediately. I replaced mine even with just a small bulge on the sidewall with 80% thread. Yours is already cracked bro. Few hundred bucks is not worth risking your life for. :)

they're michelin pilot sports. thanks for the tip bro :top:, but i dont think these tyres are few hundred bucks though, haih.

A used good condition one are better than the current one, no? Better to be safe than sorry, man. :)

Spotted scratch mark on the rim. Perhaps this happen during rim scratching. Time to change bro.. Look nothing, but it put passenger's life "under considerable"... Good Luck! :top:

If the tyre is less than a year, try your luck claiming the tyre lor. They will try to prove it's not manufacturer defect. This usually happen when your hit a pot hole with under inflated tyres. The lower the tyre profile, the more critical to maintain proper inflation to protect the tyres.

You must have hit something sharp or the edge of a curb when parking or making a tight u-turn. i know cos I champion in tyre bengkak...lol!

for the tyre to tear, the impact or the pressure to the rubber must have been great... sometimes these things happen and you dont feel anything from inside the car. if you cant remember how it happened, then maybe it's due to someone else driving the car.

Like all bros, safety first...change quickly.

badak;746830 said:
ok ok guys time to tukar! but anyone know how this happened exactly?? never seen this problem before.

The buldge are all near the rims. The tyres could have been damaged during installation.

by the way, what is the age of the tyres?
How much pressure do you usually set it to?

Had similar (more or less) issues on my CSC and Dunlop Direzza. I guess i could have hit a kerb or something.
I changed it on the spot .. Yup - cost me a bomb - but my life is worth more than that.

Had the same issue on my mum's Cayenne. My dad hit a pothole at around 40km/h causing the sidewall to bulge. Changed it immediately for peace of mind only for me to hit a pothole at 30km/h 2 months later and do the same thing to the new tire. Tires were properly inflated both times. Guess it was the angle of the pothole. They were 21" Michelin Latitude Sports which cost RM2k+ each :(

Still better to change it than to have it explode while at high speed.

maxxsp;747313 said:
Had the same issue on my mum's Cayenne. My dad hit a pothole at around 40km/h causing the sidewall to bulge. Changed it immediately for peace of mind only for me to hit a pothole at 30km/h 2 months later and do the same thing to the new tire. Tires were properly inflated both times. Guess it was the angle of the pothole. They were 21" Michelin Latitude Sports which cost RM2k+ each :(

Still better to change it than to have it explode while at high speed.

Hi, are u the bro who changed tyres on your mum's Cayenne S at MPS ? The story sounds similar to a guy I met at MPS.... I think I had my grey E90 in that time.

If you are the guy....small world !

Interestingly,

It seems all these sidewall rubber swells are more common in cars running big wheels with low profile tyres.

Watch out for the kerbs and potholes bros..

shlim8;747673 said:
Hi, are u the bro who changed tyres on your mum's Cayenne S at MPS ? The story sounds similar to a guy I met at MPS.... I think I had my grey E90 in that time.

If you are the guy....small world !
Haha, yes that's me. Small world for sure!

Top Bottom