Weird Sound

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

huskar3399

Club Guest
Salam. Greetings to all sifus. I have heard this kind of sound since I got the car early this year. It sounds like shaking a half enpty bottle filled with liquid. I expect the sound comes from my fuel tank. Because it's clearer when I drive pass over road humps with a quarter full tank. Is it normal or something is wrong and need to be rectified? Tq. Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Interesting sound and it sounds interesting.
Subscribed for future reference.

The last time I heard that kind of sound in my 39, it was a half filled 1.5l mineral bottle in my boot...hehehehe

johnj;751107 said:
The last time I heard that kind of sound in my 39, it was a half filled 1.5l mineral bottle in my boot...hehehehe

Bro you sure about the word highlighted in red not something with 40% alcohol? hehehehe!!

ahaha now i remember. the sound is more like water moving inside your belly if you run right after meal/drink when we were kids. it cannot be an illusion because my wife could hear the same. lol

Just for experiment's sake, have you tried listening when the fuel tank is close to empty?

half filled tank can't be heard la...

sounds like a door half filled with water... usually common on the e60s... cos the drain holes are a bit smaller than previous models...it's a DIY work, get a lidi and poke around...

I heard almost the same noise in my mpv....checked thoroughly and finally.........i found a half-empty bottle under my seat.....haiyyyaaaa

pussy;751302 said:
half filled tank can't be heard la...

sounds like a door half filled with water... usually common on the e60s... cos the drain holes are a bit smaller than previous models...it's a DIY work, get a lidi and poke around...
i see. never thought of that before. i think that is more making sense now.

now i have found what actually causes the weird sound. while waiting at the ws shop, i saw water dripping out from underneath the car. now it makes sense to me what bro pussy has pointed out. haha.

PHOTO_1344045210531.jpg

Top Bottom