Wax Polish Not suitable for Malaysian Climate?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

paul_tan

Club Guest
Just curious to know if other genuine owners like myself have been let down by some expensive polishing products?I have a number of high priced polishing products ranging from CarPlan, PolyGlaze, Ambersill, TurtleWax, Meguair, Sonax, ArmourAll, The worst offender I ever tried is tw ice liquid polish. It does make my car slightly darker and oily when applying. But after 4 months of using weekly, my car bonnet have lots of tiny pitting marks (not stone chips). There seem to be more chip marks here and there. For rm99, it is a disappointment. Maybe it is not meant for Malaysian weather.The only product I sometimes used now are the mild versions sold as "Detailing" products.I have Meguair UltraQuick Detailer, Meguair NXT Detailer, TW Ultra Platinum Detailer and TW Ice Detailer. My fav is the easy to use and buff TW UP Detailer. But all the Detailers shine fade away within a couple of days. I must have spent more than rm100 on microfiber cloths in less than a year. It is not easy to wash any microfiber that have polish liquids or waxes on it.The only reliable product I still used is PolyGlaze Car Wash. This beats even Meguair and TW ICE Wash and TW Platinum Wash! :eek:By the way, I found out rainx and similar products cause the car wipers to harden. I have since stopped using it.

paul_tan;329485 said:
...By the way, I found out rainx and similar products cause the car wipers to harden. I have since stopped using it.

Seriously, I couldn't find a better product than RainX though the wiper blade "hardening" issue exist.. when it comes to making rain dance away from your windscreen at highspeed highway run.

I am not so sure its "hardening" of the wiper blade but in US, the RainX label stated clearly when u apply RainX, U need to apply it onto the wiper blade as well. Try that and see if it helps. It works fine for me... anyway, once your windscreen is well treated with RainX, you hardly use wiper blade.. :smokin:

paul_tan, the waxes you have listed are in fact low end waxes in my opinion. there are more high end and expensive products that arent stocked at the car care aisle in your local shopping centre.

your post confuses me as polishes and waxes are 2 different things. im posting this reply so others wont be misinformed.

waxes are protectants and do not thin a vehicles clearcoat and will not cause any damage at all to the paint. they simply add a thin layer ontop of the paint to protect it from contaminants. turtle wax ice liquid polish is actually a wax inspite of its name. Zaino also refer to some of the sealants (waxes) in their range as polishes.
if the wax is applied and removed correctly, the paint should not remain oily to touch

Polishing (usually by machine) removes swirl marks and light scratches and does thin the clearcoat but it would take many many time of repeat polishing before it can cause damage (unless you take it to a detailer who doesnt know what they are doing)

quick detailers often offer little to no protection and should not be used in place of a good wax.

QD = QuikDetailer. hardly any protection, usually used (in my case) to help claying, wipe off light dust when i leave my sealants overnight, all this la, not serious car detailing, i dun even expect the detailer to last 5 mins as a protectant, to me its jus lubricant that's better than water.

u wan good wax that lasts? sorry, does not exist. waxes are to provide gloss, shine, depth, all this. their durability is questionable. max is a month only

i would prefer u to try out Klasse's AIO and SG combo. it works wonders, still there on my cars after at least 5 washes in as many weeks.

FYI, maxxsp is right, Turtle wax is hardly high end, not even middle end if u ask me. Meguiars is middle market. and high end is Zaino, Chemical Guys, Dodo. check out the prices online and u can c the price difference.

forgot to reply to AB's claim to the greatness of RainX

hehe... i support that RX works great, but still there are better product out there my man. hehe... which lasts longer and the beads are even smaller.

AlexNg;329791 said:
QD = QuikDetailer. hardly any protection, usually used (in my case) to help claying, wipe off light dust when i leave my sealants overnight, all this la, not serious car detailing, i dun even expect the detailer to last 5 mins as a protectant, to me its jus lubricant that's better than water.

u wan good wax that lasts? sorry, does not exist. waxes are to provide gloss, shine, depth, all this. their durability is questionable. max is a month only

i would prefer u to try out Klasse's AIO and SG combo. it works wonders, still there on my cars after at least 5 washes in as many weeks.

FYI, maxxsp is right, Turtle wax is hardly high end, not even middle end if u ask me. Meguiars is middle market. and high end is Zaino, Chemical Guys, Dodo. check out the prices online and u can c the price difference.

From personal experience, there are waxes that can last more than a month. even an entry level high end wax like Swissvax Onyx (>RM300) will last about a month. Zymol Royale (>RM50,000) can last a few months with just one application.

can you justify the price compared to sealants?
depends if you like the warmth and depth that a nice carnauba gives.
sealants are usually more clinical.

maxxsp;329809 said:
From personal experience, there are waxes that can last more than a month. even an entry level high end wax like Swissvax Onyx (>RM300) will last about a month. Zymol Royale (>RM50,000) can last a few months with just one application.

can you justify the price compared to sealants?
depends if you like the warmth and depth that a nice carnauba gives.
sealants are usually more clinical.

i use zymol titanium, and it last about 2 months provided i dont wash the car too often with high concentration of car shampoo, even if i do wash i only use minimum of the strength recommended, i.e. 1/2 cap instead of 3 caps per bucket.

zymol wax not only gives my car a good shine and protection it also gives me a good workout:rock:

paul_tan,
why not try BlackMagic products? IMHO it served me well, easy on easy off, and its economical around rm34 in major stores :)
good luck!

Top Bottom