Water Leaking?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

jsng

Club Guest
Hi sifus ..Need some advise ..Recently i had discovered some water mark (water puddle) right under the those tensioner belt area ... it seems like there are water dripped out from some area near those belt .. and i am sure its not from the radiator cause its not right under the radiator. It only happens after i had stopped my car for a while and after that it will not drip anymore. Tried to check the expansion tank water level after its cool down, and didnt notice any significant drop in water level too .. Do you think this could be the issue with the water pump? If yes, is it expensive to fix it? Do i need to change some other component too? especially when the water pump is removed?Thanks and looking forward to hear from you all soon :)Regards,JS

Bro, the best way to find the leak is to do the pressure test...

Thanks bro ..
Guess that this can be done in any of the BMW workshop?
BTW .. is this a time consuming process?

JFT63;740771 said:
Bro, the best way to find the leak is to do the pressure test...

Bro, maybe is the thermostat housing, I just change mine this afternoon. The pressure test is quick but changing the housing can be a bit time consuming.

check for leaks at the thermostat housing area.i was lead to change my waterpump but later found out that the housing was at fault!oh well.........a new pump won't hurt.....except my wallet....

Oh .. how much is the thermostat housing? due to crack? same situation as mine? where water will drip out after the engine is stopped?

hamilton;740840 said:
Bro, maybe is the thermostat housing, I just change mine this afternoon. The pressure test is quick but changing the housing can be a bit time consuming.

hahahah ... good say :) wallet hurt :p
btw .. is it advisable to change the thermostat housing together with the waterpump? is it expensive? how long does it take to get this fixed?

moots;740851 said:
check for leaks at the thermostat housing area.i was lead to change my waterpump but later found out that the housing was at fault!oh well.........a new pump won't hurt.....except my wallet....

jsng;740821 said:
Thanks bro ..
Guess that this can be done in any of the BMW workshop?
BTW .. is this a time consuming process?

Any bmw w.shop will do..it takes one teh tarik time before u spot the culprit.. The water pump is about 230 (with metal impeller) n the thermostat housing is less than 200 if i remember correctly..

Thanks mate .. appreciate that :)
I will try to pay the workshop a visit perhaps tomorrow to get this confirmed .. hopefully its not both the pump and thermostat housing lah ..
BTW .. which shop did u normally go?

JFT63;740943 said:
Any bmw w.shop will do..it takes one teh tarik time before u spot the culprit.. The water pump is about 230 (with metal impeller) n the thermostat housing is less than 200 if i remember correctly..

jsng;740964 said:
Thanks mate .. appreciate that :)
I will try to pay the workshop a visit perhaps tomorrow to get this confirmed .. hopefully its not both the pump and thermostat housing lah ..
BTW .. which shop did u normally go?

I'm in bt pahat la bro..where r u based bro?

I am from KL :)
Just sent my car to workshop .. confirmed water pump is leaking .. although not major. No choice but to change it.
Hope everything is fine after this :p

JFT63;740978 said:
I'm in bt pahat la bro..where r u based bro?

jsng;741488 said:
I am from KL :)
Just sent my car to workshop .. confirmed water pump is leaking .. although not major. No choice but to change it.
Hope everything is fine after this :p

Do check the system thoroughly before u pick up yr car..dont worry, water pump (oem part) wont cost u a bomb...

Thanks bro ...
Everything is working fine now :) Managed to drive back to Kampar and back to KL with no issue now :)

JFT63;741493 said:
Do check the system thoroughly before u pick up yr car..dont worry, water pump (oem part) wont cost u a bomb...

jsng;742519 said:
Thanks bro ...
Everything is working fine now :) Managed to drive back to Kampar and back to KL with no issue now :)

Thats good bro.....enjoy driving every minute of it yeah....

Top Bottom