was it lurve at first sight for u & yr 36?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Blitzer

Club Guest
most people i talk to, maybe like 7 out of 10 interestingly said no..I honestly thought it looked ugly, probably becos there were so many stock 36s around then, having been such a all-time seller when it was released..(though the touring car ones were eye-candy then)but seein too many stock ones around, too few well-done up ones.. and after that too MANY fugly-riced-up ones sure was a turn off..i always preferred my e30 anytime, as it looked so evergreen in comparison.. even right till the day i sold the 30, got my 36 and sent it in to the paint shop.. (tinge of regret actually)..BUT i've come to conclude that the 36 kind of grows on you with time.. and its muscular lines compared to the more feminine ones of the 46 & 90 sure does make it stand out ... it looks betta by the day...(& i'm talkin properly done up, non-***** up ones..)dunno.. just my 2 cents..:love: ps: no hate pls.. not startin a 3-series war... jus mainly directed at the 36 brOthass up here..

Short answer, yes.

Have been lusting after it since 1995/96 when it was newly released.

CopyofIMG_2436copy3.jpg

DSC_02730002-1024.jpg

I like the way the multiple lines from various planes come together cohesively just so, something tricky to accomplish, even with the newer cars.

IMG_2078extract.jpg

IMG_1391c.jpg

The proportions of the front and the rear were perfected here in my opinion, before the need for more legroom shortened the tail in subsequent versions.

There is a degree of muscularity in its haunches hinting at power ready to be unleashed.

IMG_1325.jpg

The front lines when view from an angle from the side has a subtle feral quality.

such a beaut yr car...

yup yup!.. rarely do u get sedans these days that hunches forward like a raging bull... lambo-esq supreme!..

:top:

Must hav Angel Eyes on E36 to look good.
I personally prefer E30 front look if without Angel eyes on E36

I find that, depend on which angle you view the car. Certain angle for the stock e36 doesnt look so good especially front profile unless if it is fitted with M-tech kit.
change the indicator and rear lights to clear or white also makes a hell lots of different. Then also need to stay away from the green colour which came with the 1st batch. Other than that, it was lurve at 1st sight for me.

I just love the E36, never get bored looking at it....and also the way it drives!! I never had a car for more than 2years..this one is crossing 4 ald and still lovin it.

cheers...

Yup its my first bimmer & the best car I've ever own beside my E39. I dun think I'll sell my E36 as its been my daily ride for the past 3 yrs. Plan to upgrade its performance, NVH & maintain showroom condition in future.

Blitzer/Lee,

I've been fan of yr car guys. Hope to see it real in future:rock:

Resized_27102007097-1.jpg

Sheer Driving Pleasure of Ultimate Driving Machine
3 most important things in my life; my UDM, my Bimmer & my BMW

pergh........

Could have bought an E36 as my 1st car but scepticism ruled over then. Was worried it might not work out, so had to settle for JDMs before finally deciding to get this fler.

Fact is, it was not so much of lurve at first sight, more of destiny fulfilled when I saw my ride for the 1st time. ID Plate also my kampung plate, moreover number is the model number, this itself being a big factor. Knew enough to judge the condition and feasibility of buying it, went back and booked it the next day.

Enjoying every minute of it:rock:

initialM;294876 said:
Yup its my first bimmer & the best car I've ever own beside my E39. I dun think I'll sell my E36 as its been my daily ride for the past 3 yrs. Plan to upgrade its performance, NVH & maintain showroom condition in future.

Blitzer/Lee,

I've been fan of yr car guys. Hope to see it real in future:rock:

Resized_27102007097-1.jpg

anytime bro.. i've been wanting to head north to be with the bros of the great BM.MY forum.. 30s & 36s... hope to do so 1 day..

meanwhile if u ever head south to the land of fines & summons & endless ERP gantries; gimme a holla.. we'll meet up!..

;)

Bro,

Actually we r not far just over the causeway. Normally go to serangoon for parts & geylang for tuuuuuuuut hehehe

climenta-325i;295222 said:
Could have bought an E36 as my 1st car but scepticism ruled over then. Was worried it might not work out, so had to settle for JDMs before finally deciding to get this fler.

Fact is, it was not so much of lurve at first sight, more of destiny fulfilled when I saw my ride for the 1st time. ID Plate also my kampung plate, moreover number is the model number, this itself being a big factor. Knew enough to judge the condition and feasibility of buying it, went back and booked it the next day.

Enjoying every minute of it:rock:

Destiny fulfilled. Well put. :top:

Blitzer;294694 said:
BUT i've come to conclude that the 36 kind of grows on you with time.. and its muscular lines compared to the more feminine ones of the 46 & 90 sure does make it stand out ... it looks betta by the day...(& i'm talkin properly done up, non-***** up ones..)

agreed bro, it grows on you with time, once you fall deeper, you won't settle for sumthing else..hehehe :rock:

Lee your car look great ! is that a standard colour or did you change the colour? I thinking of doing a paint job but afraid to change the colour. Afraid of problems it may bring about. As for my my 36 is the best car i ever drove. Contemplated on the 46 earlier but it doesn't feel the same. So much so That when my ride was in a work shop for a week i started drawing the can on my diary ( and my art sucks ). And when I come back from the rigs, i have to take the car for a spin ( No matter what time or how tired ). To me it was not love at first sight but love even before we met ... like karma. Not forgetting if i ever mention selling the car, it will break down. So I have long conversations with my car. Am I going insane?

rubes72;299087 said:
Lee your car look great ! is that a standard colour or did you change the colour? I thinking of doing a paint job but afraid to change the colour. Afraid of problems it may bring about.

Thanks, color lightened slightly by the previous owner.

rubes72;299087 said:
As for my my 36 is the best car i ever drove. Contemplated on the 46 earlier but it doesn't feel the same. So much so That when my ride was in a work shop for a week i started drawing the can on my diary ( and my art sucks ). And when I come back from the rigs, i have to take the car for a spin ( No matter what time or how tired ). To me it was not love at first sight but love even before we met ... like karma. Not forgetting if i ever mention selling the car, it will break down. So I have long conversations with my car. Am I going insane?

If you are going insane, that makes two of us. :rock:

I didn't like it initially. I was bought the car by my dad because he didn't want me touching his A4 and X5. Also he wanted a reasonably cheap toy car for weekends etc. Needless to say I've grown to love the E36. Anyone knows where I can by an E36 dildo? :p

stig;341704 said:
I didn't like it initially. I was bought the car by my dad because he didn't want me touching his A4 and X5. Also he wanted a reasonably cheap toy car for weekends etc. Needless to say I've grown to love the E36. Anyone knows where I can by an E36 dildo? :p

dude ,
do have a younger sister or does your dad need an adopted son ? :love:
LOL

seriously , I have to agree that it kind of grew on you & age very well i.e
even after almost 20 years , it doest not look out place if your park
it at a club house ...

Top Bottom