"!" Warning beside gear indicator

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ashabmy

Club Guest
Hi Bimmerians,Appeared twice already in last 2 month. While driving, "!" warning appeared next to the gear indicator, car fell heavier, i need to press the accelarator hard to move from stationary, and gear only change at 3000RPM. The symption gone after overnight parking.What indication it could be? Gearbox?

ashabmy, you mean to say while you're on "D" and the "!" mark appears rite beside "D"? Yes, it it sumthing related to gearbox bro..i've experienced it..most probably it should be gearbox switch..if it strikes while you're driving, try to stop and restart the car, it mite disappear..at times its intermittent issue..its quite vulnerable to continue driving if the indication strikes, like you're forcing the car to move..da accelerator will be heavy...go to your mech, ask him to check on the gearbox switch...

Insured By Mafia;757288 said:
ashabmy, you mean to say while you're on "D" and the "!" mark appears rite beside "D"? Yes, it it sumthing related to gearbox bro..i've experienced it..most probably it should be gearbox switch..if it strikes while you're driving, try to stop and restart the car, it mite disappear..at times its intermittent issue..its quite vulnerable to continue driving if the indication strikes, like you're forcing the car to move..da accelerator will be heavy...go to your mech, ask him to check on the gearbox switch...

yeh its happen to me sometimes, so after restart the car its disappear, so bro IBM how much its cost for this switch?:top:

mikeraj04;757357 said:
yeh its happen to me sometimes, so after restart the car its disappear, so bro IBM how much its cost for this switch?:top:

View attachment 25501
see item no.9
da gearbox switch is just slightly bigger den our palm with come cables bro, but it costs a bomb..new 1 will cost u rm1k plus..u can also find it in chop shops for rm300-rm400...if you're lucky, wd40 or contact cleaner can do wonders too..

Bros,
Yes, that's exactly the problem. Will see my mech this weekend. Many thanks!

Top Bottom