Want to be lower than the Eibachs

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
What sort of steel is used for the Hotbits coilovers? A lot of local springs can sag after one year in a Proton - imagine in a much heavier BMW..........

Hotbits?....No experience with them.

Springs, although looks simple has some science to it.....one of it being METALLURGY, besides the need for the rite fit for ur car's weight etc.....

Does Hotbits do the above R&D? I dunno, maybe you do.

Good things, dun come cheap.....sigh!

Not too sure. But they give 10 years warranty (100,000 KM) on Springs & 2 years on Shocks (24,000 KM). TUV Certified.

I think hotbits stuff arent that bad. In fact the owner of the product has put in many hours into his R&D to make this product. He had also tested this suspension on the car itself,meaning to say if this set of suspension is meant for BMW, he would have installed it on his own car for some testing. I think Mr. Toh is one of locals who have in depth knowledge on suspension set ups and his knowlegde is as good as anyone out there.

Rgds

Have been using Hotbits suspension in my jalopy. IMO, they are ok. And sure they have put in many hours to test their products to get the best settings. In fact, when I tried to change the settings of my shocks from their "default" settings, I was advised not to as the settings are already at the optimum. Did not believe them and changed it anyway... yup, theirs was the optimum setting. And oh, my jalopy rides and handles better than stock. The only disadvantage is the low ride height... been scraping most of the "sleeping policeman". :D

Had some problems in the past with blown seals. After the last change of seals last year, had not suffered any. So they must have managed to address this weak point of theirs.

One thing for sure, I know Mr. Toh buy cars just to test this suspension on his car and then sell it off after he is done! I think he is still keeping his E39 which he has installed a Hiop stroker kit. Personally, I feel the Hotbits Adjustable is a little firmer than the Eibach Prokit setup. But then again, suspension set up is always compromise between comfort and performance.

Originally posted by ALBundy@Mar 4 2005, 11:36 AM
One thing for sure, I know Mr. Toh buy cars just to test this suspension on his car and then sell it off after he is done! I think he is still keeping his E39 which he has installed a Hiop stroker kit. Personally, I feel the Hotbits Adjustable is a little firmer than the Eibach Prokit setup. But then again, suspension set up is always compromise between comfort and performance.
That is one E39 I would not mind having... :nyehehe: :nyehehe: . Yup, still see it at his workshop off and on...

Originally posted by KennyG@Mar 4 2005, 11:14 AM
Not too sure. But they give 10 years warranty (100,000 KM) on Springs & 2 years on Shocks (24,000 KM). TUV Certified.
Kenny....the TUV cert expired liao, rite?

In anycase - amongst all the local car tuners, I rate Speedworks quite highly for their effort, set-up and products eventhough the R&D could be limited, if u compare the overseas makes-lah.

BUY BUY BUY! :D :p

duno why... i got one rover 2.0 turbo the suspension is dam good! stiff when cornerning , comfort when over bumps...

the spring is pretty hard.. i wondering issit becoz of the lsd transaxle give this performance....

Top Bottom