Volvo S40

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

azam9636

Club Guest
Hi guys,Want to ask about volvo car.1. Why second hand value for this brand is very low?2. Anyone here using volvo? Can give some pro and cons?3. How about spare parts and workshop?4. Heard ppl talk about volvo - if you want safety, get volvo? Is it true? Why?Im interested to buy volvo S40 year 2006, because price now range from 60-70k.. But dun have any idea about maintenance cost, car inside and outside and no fren using this brand..Currently im driving 2006 e60 525 msports and want to buy volvo for my wife.. ;)Hope anyone here can give some infos..TQ

Volvo safety is number one coz everything are inside- abs,airbag,ebd etc. Price lower coz difficult to find workshop as spare parts are rare item.just check at your area how many workshop can do volvo than bmw :)

Kunta_Kinte;683959 said:
Hi guys,

Im interested to buy volvo S40 year 2006, because price now range from 60-70k.. But dun have any idea about maintenance cost, car inside and outside and no fren using this brand..
Currently im driving 2006 e60 525 msports and want to buy volvo for my wife.. ;)

Hope anyone here can give some infos..

TQ

With 70k, get her a E39!

EL118;684168 said:
With 70k, get her a E39!

Exactly. Why go for unfamiliar territory. Volvo parts are not cheap either. When she drive bmw she will love u more

Should get her a E46 CI...

sexy little car..

Volvo a bit dull.- No offence and is very comfortable.

E39 might be too big a car for most female.

EL118;684168 said:
With 70k, get her a E39!

2006 E39? U must be kidding.. :4:

Lady like newer, fresher things. It's a fashionable thingy that runs in their blood. Those still driving a Bettle around are rare breeds and definitely not my type. My wife won't lay eyes on anything more than 5 years old because you'll be spending more time with the car, in the workshop than with her.

The S40 is a very solid little car, if you don't mind the cramp rear leg room, it's certainly not a bad choice.

1. Low second hand value is the works of demand-supply forces.
2. I have a 940 in my stable, very solid little car and seriously bullet proof build. Pro: Comfy cruiser, solid built. Cons: Not designed for rempit in it's stock form. The name itself feels old. Horrible 2nd hand value. Selling used is like selling scrap metal timbang kilo. :4:
3. Workshop not many, spare part no problem. There's a part shop in Tmn SEA I frequent. Can get everything, prices are reasonable.
4. Nowadays most cars on the road are NCAP 5-star, so I won't say Volvo is safer than a BMW.

ck318ci;685443 said:
Should get her a E46 CI...

sexy little car..

Volvo a bit dull.- No offence and is very comfortable.

E39 might be too big a car for most female.

Nowadays every new generation car it gets longer and wider. E39 is very compact and not much longer than E90, save for F30. The current F10 is almost the size of E38.

Hahaha... The current F10 share the same chassis of the F01.

E39 about the size of E90?

I do find the E90 rather cramp and small..
Remember my dad's E39 quite spacious..

Need to go check out the 525I along OKR!!!!

ck318ci;685671 said:
Hahaha... The current F10 share the same chassis of the F01.

E39 about the size of E90?

I do find the E90 rather cramp and small..
Remember my dad's E39 quite spacious..

Need to go check out the 525I along OKR!!!!

Yup E90 is more a less same as E39 and bigger than previous 3 silis. E90 without active steering bring me the E39 feel with better agility. Anyway all BMW will give me sextifaction compare to other makes regardless the model.

initialM;686182 said:
Yup E90 is more a less same as E39 and bigger than previous 3 silis. E90 without active steering bring me the E39 feel with better agility. Anyway all BMW will give me sextifaction compare to other makes regardless the model.

Ha ha, that is why u tried to quit but fail lah.

Top Bottom