Volvo S40 2.4

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
adliz said:
300hp and can kill Porsches and Ferraris? which one? 993? 355? must be a matching good driver then.. :eek:

Adliz

Unfortunately the lengthy replies and explanations given by those present to this particular outing were lost with the last server crash. Bottom line is racing on public roads is simply unacceptable, and for a 300hp wannabe trying to prove a point by overtaking on the dirt road on the left, then causing the convoy to take drastic measures to avoid an accident doesn't make the nuisance a good driver.

The Porsches and Ferraris were 400+ hp each, and a couple of them were driven by seasoned campaigners at Sepang. Go figure...

That was sure one hot albeit entertaining discussion. I echoed Esterix's sentiment. Nothing to prove on public roads!! :)

esterix said:
Adliz

Unfortunately the lengthy replies and explanations given by those present to this particular outing were lost with the last server crash. Bottom line is racing on public roads is simply unacceptable, and for a 300hp wannabe trying to prove a point by overtaking on the dirt road on the left, then causing the convoy to take drastic measures to avoid an accident doesn't make the nuisance a good driver.

The Porsches and Ferraris were 400+ hp each, and a couple of them were driven by seasoned campaigners at Sepang. Go figure...

wah really? overtaking on the dirt road? damn hero..! :eek: thats why, i wonder how a volvo can overtake those 'prancing horses'..

bmwleg, the Volvo S60 T5R is the real deal. It is a Singapore car. Agreed there is none brought in by Volvo Malaysia.

Yes the Ulu Yam Urban Legend was as real as it can be. I was there and witnessed part of it. If they were really taking a leasuirely drive then we should not be hitting 190kmh on the trunk road. Let's lay the urban legend to rest.

The car is as good as the driver at the end of the day be it Sepang or otherwise.
Unless you were actually there during the Ulu Yam drive please do not add your salt and pepper as though you were there. I rest my case.

No need think too much. Yes, S40 2.4 is awesome can do many fitting kits.. But it is non-turbo version mah.. Maybe after 2yr old u will get boring thats not success your feeling... Why not consider V50 T5 AWD with 220HP... Price reasonable less than RM230K mah... This car sure never regret once you take back home... :D

Considering the s40 and waja sharing the same platform and the latter does not have a nacp rating where the former had 5, I'll ditch it. Look at s80 or a 3 series is more of a viable option.

FYI The older S40 shares the same platform as the Waja and in Europe, the Mitsubishi Carisma. Both the old S40 and Carisma are discontinued and Proton bought that outdated (as usual :rolleyes:) platform for the Waja. The newer S40 shares the same platform as the new Ford Focus and a few other cars within the Ford Group.

Funk said:
Considering the s40 and waja sharing the same platform and the latter does not have a nacp rating where the former had 5, I'll ditch it. Look at s80 or a 3 series is more of a viable option.

dude,wrong S40 lah...

stuck in a timewarp are we???

my friend bindablitz,
FYI Volvo Malaysia doesn't bring in S60T5R and S60R. 60T5R in fact only for sale in USA. The nearest 60R only and solely for S'pore market. In M'sia they only sell T5 version. Eventhough I'm not at Ulu Yam but those 2 S60T5 chaps is my friend and they no nonsense but only my M5 can beat them

Past rides:
1980Alfa Berlina-now sold
1981 Alfetta-now sold
1982 Alfa GTV6
1990 BMW 320i-now sold
1994 BMW 328i-now sold
1998 BMW M5
2004 Volvo S60T5
2007 Volvo V50T5

bmwleg, you are absolutely right. They are no S60T5R in Malaysia. The S60T5R is from Singapore. I see you are a volvo t5 fan. drove it several times during its launch way back in 2001. the power is nothing short of addictive.

ermmm so easy if you want to makesure the different of R-Type... For S60T5 prefer in Automatic/shiftronic gearbox and S60T5R was 6-speed Manual... Yes, only Singapore available but not sure in Malaysia maybe got one, there will not easy to show off any of the club... If here got somebody from JPJ officer easy to trace it.. :))

Top Bottom