Voltage Stablizer

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I've consistently achieved below 11 litre/100 km fuel consumption. That's around 25.8 mpg. I use VPower, and it's costing me 23+ cents/km.

Full tank can yield almost 600-630 km. This is running between SJ, PJ and KL. No long-distance highways.

Oh, and that's on a gearbox that's due for rebuild. So after the rebuild I expect better consumption w the gear no longer slipping.

I have a very light right foot, and 3 stabilizers at the back, and 1 in front, and grounding cables.

I service the car regularly every 15k km (when the service interval lights run out.)

So, draw your own conclusions... what do you guys think?

Lee36328 said:
I've consistently achieved below 11 litre/100 km fuel consumption. That's around 25.8 mpg. I use VPower, and it's costing me 23+ cents/km.

Full tank can yield almost 600-630 km. This is running between SJ, PJ and KL. No long-distance highways.

Oh, and that's on a gearbox that's due for rebuild. So after the rebuild I expect better consumption w the gear no longer slipping.

I have a very light right foot, and 3 stabilizers at the back, and 1 in front, and grounding cables.

I service the car regularly every 15k km (when the service interval lights run out.)

So, draw your own conclusions... what do you guys think?

Must be the gizmos at work as Lee is hardly a light footed driver! :D

Wah liao, my post kena delete again. And it wasn't even insulting your 4 voltage stabilizers.

But anyways, since you believe in such nonsense, remember to check your blinker fluids too. And while you're doing that, maybe you could chean out your exhaust filter, plug springs, seat bearings, brake dampers, valve/exhaust bearings too.

Maybe they will give you better fuel efficiency.

Daniel said:
Wah liao, my post kena delete again. And it wasn't even insulting your 4 voltage stabilizers.

But anyways, since you believe in such nonsense, remember to check your blinker fluids too. And while you're doing that, maybe you could chean out your exhaust filter, plug springs, seat bearings, brake dampers, valve/exhaust bearings too.

Maybe they will give you better fuel efficiency.

Daniel,
u should check ur tone and language if u want to be treated with respect. U are always entitled to your own opinions even when u are disagreeing with others. Just state ur points in a tasteful manner if you want to be heard. I'm sure u wouldn't want to be treated rudely either.

Cheers.

Please refer here:
http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/keep-real-forum-t9774.html

Guess common sense doesn't run here very often.

Here is a possible scenerio:

Buy 1 stabilizer, crap.....doesn't work,
Ok, i go buy another, crap...... still doesn't work, maybe i can try to install another elsewhere,
Never mind, 3rd times a charm, crap....... still doesn't work, one more somewhere else,
Wohoo! eureka! improved fuel economy.
Better go tell people to go buy 4 for improved economy! 4 not 1, 2 or 3 but 4!
THe proof is that i wrote down how much fuel i pumped and the distance covered. SOLID!

u got point....some people just erase people post base on their position...thats rude

ok lets cut out all the fuss...it does really work if u get the right ones..there is few theory here to explain..but we can cut that out.i have try this last 2 years.wit the e-power it cost 300.origin was from hot inazma..go search for this..it has been dyno n its proven on power n fc.

e-power n hot inazma its proven to me..to make it better,use welding cable n ground the car.use above 16mm for best result.

check this items here
http://www.optionsauto.com/departments.asp?dept=4918

beware..if u purchase the fake or the taiwan ones...u would feel anythin..just siok see the lights..more unit of it will make more strong torque..but in higway i feel a bit increase fc if u install more than one unit..

all the best

dan,u got ur point..but dont be too hard on uncle lee..he is like that la..got his own point of view..

i don't buy into the idea of having a VS that save so much fuel. If it does, i'm sure bmw comes equipped with it. 600 to 630km in town drive, don't think any 328 can do that even brand new and how light footed u can be unless you have had the engine dynamically balanced or blueprinted.u can be light footed all the way by feathering the accelerator but u will still need to get it moving to by applying at least 20-30l/100km from standstill and takes a while to move up to 4th gear and than try to keep it to maintain at 8 or 10l/100km to keep the fuel consumption very low. but travelling between pj area, i think u will run out of road most of the time before u can even achieve that low fuel consumption. unless u're travelling at the time where there is no traffic at all or don't need to stop. pj area always jam at certain hours, if u're caught in the jam, engine is idle. mixture will always run rich when engine is idling. The best i can get is 450km and the indicator will light up. after that about another 100km and refuel. after refueling, can calculate roughly about 5 litres left in the tank.

my engine is completely rebuilt, everything new, from pistons rings right up to cylinder head and injectors and ignition coils, u name it, i done it. spent close to 80k to fully rebuild the vehicle and i don't get close to even 600km. if a 300 bucks vs can give that sort of improvment, i think i was dumb to spent that amount of money earlier.

dude,
i never did have any problems with that guy until he tried to use his commitee status to delete my posts. And my posts were just trying to seave out that is real and what is marketing BS.

1996E36328i;203473 said:
i don't buy into the idea of having a VS that save so much fuel. If it does, i'm sure bmw comes equipped with it. 600 to 630km in town drive, don't think any 328 can do that even brand new and how light footed u can be unless you have had the engine dynamically balanced or blueprinted.u can be light footed all the way by feathering the accelerator but u will still need to get it moving to by applying at least 20-30l/100km from standstill and takes a while to move up to 4th gear and than try to keep it to maintain at 8 or 10l/100km to keep the fuel consumption very low. but travelling between pj area, i think u will run out of road most of the time before u can even achieve that low fuel consumption. unless u're travelling at the time where there is no traffic at all or don't need to stop. pj area always jam at certain hours, if u're caught in the jam, engine is idle. mixture will always run rich when engine is idling. The best i can get is 450km and the indicator will light up. after that about another 100km and refuel. after refueling, can calculate roughly about 5 litres left in the tank.

my engine is completely rebuilt, everything new, from pistons rings right up to cylinder head and injectors and ignition coils, u name it, i done it. spent close to 80k to fully rebuild the vehicle and i don't get close to even 600km. if a 300 bucks vs can give that sort of improvment, i think i was dumb to spent that amount of money earlier.

+1.......................

Daniel;203485 said:
dude,
i never did have any problems with that guy until he tried to use his commitee status to delete my posts. And my posts were just trying to seave out that is real and what is marketing BS.

aiyaa.. give chance a bit lah. You already have made your point.. I am sure all the forummers will take all opinions into consideration by all parties concern.

1996E36328i;203473 said:

dude, I am not sure whether there is such thing as getting more power and improved fuel consumption at the same time. :confused: :confused:

if u dynamically balance the engine. yes can get a bit more power as the engine is more efficient unless u start chucking in high cams, chipping, larger injectors, etc.

standard engine say 198hp, 280nm torque, fc say 12/100km

compare to a balanced engine but no major aftermarket mods on it, just balancing, it will probably yield 205hp, 320nm torque, fc say 12l/100km or maybe 11l/100km. so its either more power same consumption or more power less a bit consumption but most probably the earlier. You get what i mean?

anyway, i think out of topic already. back to vs....

1996E36328i;203512 said:
if u dynamically balance the engine. yes can get a bit more power as the engine is more efficient unless u start chucking in high cams, chipping, larger injectors, etc.

standard engine say 198hp, 280nm torque, fc say 12/100km

compare to a balanced engine but no major aftermarket mods on it, just balancing, it will probably yield 205hp, 320nm torque, fc say 12l/100km or maybe 11l/100km. so its either more power same consumption or more power less a bit consumption but most probably the earlier. You get what i mean?

anyway, i think out of topic already. back to vs....

What is balanced engine..how to do a engine balancing??? How do we know our car engine is not balance:confused: The HP & Torque yield sound significant to me...i am interested.

Top Bottom