Voltage Stablizer

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
For audiophiles, a cleaner power supply will translate into better audio quality, well for home audio setups. I suppose it will be better for ICE as well.

As for improving the torque, I have my scepticism tho' I would not mind to try it out with a G-Tech Pro to measure any improvement in performance (0-100 sprint). As far I know, BMW's Individual Coil is more than sufficient to supply the required voltage to each individual plugs(M50 engines). Performance gain would be more obvious in JDMs, if any.

Rgds
Al

I have installed two voltage stabilizers......the Raizin blue in the trunk directly to the battery contacts.....and another one under the hood at the jump start terminals.

1. Does this mean that I have installed both voltage stabilizers in parrallel?

2. Does anyone know if this is advisable?

Some people say two v. stabilizers is better than one....some people say two stabilizers in parallel is not good because the capacitance is halved.....some people say two is overkill.....samy vellu say "mana ada goyang"....

By the way, the v. stabilizer i installed under the hood is not raizin but the aluminium cased one you can find at On-Cost....the name is "K-Power" or something like that......more expensive than Raizin blue but got only one capacitor inside....raizin blue got four or five capacitors inside!

thenecc, when is this red pivot benchmark of urs? pls post the results here.

for those of u who give a crap i succumbed to curiosity and installed a voltage stabilizer. i didnt get the pivot blue/red/black one. instead i got a D1 spec "Power Heavy Weapon" voltage stabilizer. japanese kit (had some japo gibberish on the box so it must be japo :D ), very high quality construction. comes with some grounding wires but i didnt install those.

okay, i admit that the sticker with the words "Power Heavy Weapon", the red-lit window with the caps and the digital voltage reading did it for me. sue me, im a sucker for purty things. :D i woulda gotten it anyway for engine bay decoration even if it didnt do jack.

and it did just that. jack. none of the claimed benefits for my 156. headlights weren't noticeably brighter. idle wasnt noticeably smoother. no power to be found anywhere. interior lights weren't any different, and the slight flicker when i step on the brakes is still there as before. looks damn good in the bay, tho. :D

redd

Redd,

Lee never came back to me on that. Oh well.

Guess he's still out there somewhere timing runs on his mobile phone...

its ok eddie. i paid rm300 for my ahbeng red light. but mine oso tells the voltage la. heheheh... :D

redd

i can almost guarantee that there is an improvement after i installed. and I am one critical cynical SOB when it comes to these things. I was so impressed I went out and added another set of voltage stabilizers + grounding. maybe it has to do with the age of the car? the older the car, the more improvement you see?

I'm also not smoking anything.......anymore.

Originally posted by The Necessary@Feb 28 2006, 09:01 PM
Redd,

Lee never came back to me on that. Oh well.

Guess he's still out there somewhere timing runs on his mobile phone...
My bad. Out of stock again before I could get one for reserved for you!

Seems the supplier overseas in really playing hardball. The price should come down and availability should improve gradually.

No, no more timing my runs w mobile phone after the 20.8% increase in Vpower price. Gotta adjust to the shock first...

Originally posted by Redd@Feb 28 2006, 11:14 PM
its ok eddie. i paid rm300 for my ahbeng red light. but mine oso tells the voltage la. heheheh... :D

redd

That's interesting...

The cost alone is already more than RM300, from what i know.

So, where did you get yours at RM300 from?

edit - my mistake; your "Power Heavy Weapon" is another brand... not Pivot Raizin Type-S...

Had my Pivot Raizin Blue since my previous 2 cars, Proton and Civic. Still have it sitting in my box of old spare parts. Since its safe to install in a UDM, I'll go install it and see if there is any improvement. Previously, didn't feel much improvement in power for previous cars. However seems to reduce fuel consumption slightly though.

Can reduce fuel consumption? Must look into getting one, with the price of petrol going only one way!

How much is it going for now?

I think you can get it used around RM100++. Not sure when, but I think I saw an ad in motor trader sometime back. Couple of years back brand new going for RM200++.

As for the petrol saving part, I think it might varies depending on the weight of our right foot too.

Oh by the way, can any sifu point out how to put in the ground cables since the battery is at the back?

you should meet Lee to look at his car. He have 3 units install in his car.

Top Bottom