Visit to BMW Spartanburg, South Carolina

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ccl68

Club Guest
Hi, y'all,While on assignment to my sister plant, I had the pleasure of visiting the Spartanburg plant in South Carolina, USA last Monday.Went to the Zentrum (Museum) & then toured the Factory, with some of the processes blocked from public eye, mainly the paint & coating process.This factory produces all the X5s & Z4s for the rest of the world & their current total daily output is at 400 cars.They also do the PDIs for all imports, including the MINIs to 21 states..There's even the special edition Z4 Alpina with 3.4ltr, but was not allowed to go near it. It was great to watch how the cars roll thru the production floor.Prices for the basic Z4 2.5 ltr starts at USD32K to USD40K for the fully loaded 3.0 ltrPrices for the X5s 3.0 starts at, I think, USD 40K plus to dunno for the 4.8....They even got a leasing program starting at USD200/month..and they serve German beer at the cafe....I think I am going to ask for a transfer there..Cheers!

Last time I was driving along the interstate in south carolina I came across a fully decked out M5 with the police kit, sirens, stickers. Looked great and a refreshing sight against those big boats the cops use in the US. I was told they were sponsored by BMW to the SC police. Not sure if the M5's still patrol the interstates there as this was a while back.

Wow ccl68 you lucky man! any vacancies ? muahahaha :D :D :D

So which model is selling well in the US?

I haven't seen any of the M5s you mention, probably nearer to the bigger cities like Charleston & Columbia. Maybe the come out during the weekends...

As for which models that sell well there? I don't know as I would assume it is different from state to state.
When I parked at the factory site, I think 1/2 the parking lot were filled with new beemers..must be a company perk...

I bought me self an original BMW CD case (with additional pockets for MP3 & Discman) for USD15 only. But some of the other stuffs were quite expensive...

Who knows, I might get seconded to work near there..... :D

Top Bottom