VIN Number - HELP

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

tee

Club Guest
Hey guys, Im in need of a help to check on a VIN Number provided by my friend. Tried in multiple websites, but failed to retrieve any infor. I'm probably doing it wrongly. Can anyone help me on this please ? VIN : BZ611420D440143Appreciate it. It should reflect to a E39. Thank you.

tee,

The VIN number is wrong as I have also tried it on multi sites. Ask you friend to re-check the VIN.

Some CKD Malaysian-made E39's VIN does not have any info available on any of the online VIN checking service.

haywire;788654 said:
Some CKD Malaysian-made E39's VIN does not have any info available on any of the online VIN checking service.
really meh? how do u confirm? and why is that?

tee;788649 said:
Hey guys, Im in need of a help to check on a VIN Number provided by my friend. Tried in multiple websites, but failed to retrieve any infor.
I'm probably doing it wrongly. Can anyone help me on this please ?

VIN : BZ611420D440143

Appreciate it. It should reflect to a E39. Thank you.

As for the vin number concern, the last 7 ( alphabet+number) is important. Perhaps your friend got it wrong, but Haywire is also correct.

Hmm.. Alright. Let me recheck with my friend then. On the other side, CKD information would not be available in the websites? How are we supposed to check the CKD cars then? Only based on Service Records? Sorry but thats a new information for me.

huskar3399;788656 said:
really meh? how do u confirm? and why is that?

Perhaps back then the Inokom plant did not have proper equipments to register it? Just a speculation though, not sure about newer cars, whether they are registered on the system or not.

tee;788649 said:
Hey guys, Im in need of a help to check on a VIN Number provided by my friend. Tried in multiple websites, but failed to retrieve any infor.
I'm probably doing it wrongly. Can anyone help me on this please ?

VIN : BZ611420D440143

Appreciate it. It should reflect to a E39. Thank you.
The vin is incorrect, the last 7 digit should have 2 alphas and 5 numbers.
All my Ckd car have got no problem with the vin

Forget about it, mine one is CKD and tried thousand time also can not decode.

tee;788666 said:
Hmm.. Alright. Let me recheck with my friend then. On the other side, CKD information would not be available in the websites? How are we supposed to check the CKD cars then? Only based on Service Records? Sorry but thats a new information for me.

My previous owner was service the car in AB. When I purchased the car under AB, I can only went to check the past service record. Ishyalla, I did a right selection.

Gerald 5;788732 said:
The vin is incorrect, the last 7 digit should have 2 alphas and 5 numbers.
All my Ckd car have got no problem with the vin

I think its correct. I've seen many VINs like this.

haywire;788749 said:
I think its correct. I've seen many VINs like this.
oh really... this make me unsure, all me and my buddies CKDs have 2 alphabets and 5 numbers and all can be decoded. I have to says all the cars that I mentioned is year 2000 and above.

Older cars have different configurations I guess. For example malaycooper's 80's 735i has the last 7 digits all in numbers.

Yeah, I'm guessing the same. BUT, I found this in the net. Unsure if its a CKD or CBU but from what I can see, the model is 1997 and it has the VIN in different way.

View attachment 27237

http://www.bmw-z1.com/VIN/VINdecode-e.cgi

Screenshot_15-1.png

Screenshot_16.png

Alex, Thanks mate. But However, the car is no where close to the details. Its a 1997 e39.
I'll recheck with my friend and update your guys. There's gotta be something else that I'm not aware.

I have noticed also many BMWs contain VIN Numbers that do not match the car geran.

Especially models produced towards the end of the year. e.g. in geran tahun dibuat is 2002, but upon checking the VIN decoder, the car was really manufactured in September 2001.

Is this a normal thing? Or does it only happen for recond. cars? Just my observation.

muffinz;843293 said:
I have noticed also many BMWs contain VIN Numbers that do not match the car geran.

Especially models produced towards the end of the year. e.g. in geran tahun dibuat is 2002, but upon checking the VIN decoder, the car was really manufactured in September 2001.

Is this a normal thing? Or does it only happen for recond. cars? Just my observation.

One thing that I know is..especially japan recon model..the way japanese motor trader operate is, the car might be manufactured in 2001...lets during the shipping (from the factory) and storage time, no one bought the car until 2002, they will not register it with the authority. Hence the record will show 2002. When it get here in Malaysia, they use that record to register it..

Unless what I read is wrong..then just ignore it

aliris, thanks for your reply. In that case, should we consider purchasing the car price based on the real year of manufacture based on the VIN?

Previously the model I saw was a 525i M-Sport Japan Spec recond. selling at 2002 price but VIN says 2001 manufactured. Unfortunately the dealers do not consider that as bank valuation also follows the car geran.

For me I don't mind that if it is a norm even for CKD BMW cars.

Top Bottom