very sad laaaaaa

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

JONNIEZ

Club Guest
feelin very sad laaaa... my e30 in da woksop 2 days oledi...... lost of engine oil. my mech said the crank case crack n got lubang. i think the one that got the engine oil drain plug..... no spare in kota kinabalu la..... :cry: :cry:

lupa lah.... any idea where to find this thing n de cost pleaseeeee.......

you got a crack head is it? man that means u're going to need a new one or 2nd hand unit. there's no way you can get it repaired..welding it won't last very long..

he got a cracked oil sump..... the sump for the M40 comes in 2 pc.. he cracked the front lower one....

Originally posted by JONNIEZ@Jun 1 2005, 09:02 PM
feelin very sad laaaa... my e30 in da woksop 2 days oledi...... lost of engine oil. my mech said the crank case crack n got lubang. i think the one that got the engine oil drain plug..... no spare in kota kinabalu la..... :cry: :cry:
Did u hit something? Or wat? I change mine b4 but was a used one for RM500.

I had to change mine too long time ago.... a wooden block dropped from a lorry in front and I could not avoid it in time... went over the block and immediately engine oil light came up... stopped the car, got it towed to the workshop... all in spent RM100 for towing and RM 400 for sump plus workmanship

i would suggest you source it from chop shops here in kl and arrange for delivery to KK.

expect to pay around RM200 each for the two pieces....i understand only the lower one is leaking so, the damage is not too bad. besides, labor to change the lower one is cheaper coz the work is easier...you can DIY too ....loosen some bolts and apply glue to the new gasket (yes, u wud need new gasket)

if your mech wants to charge you too much for this job.....ketuk his kepala!!!!

when my oil sump crack....
chop shop quote me RM250 for front piece... :(
so i just weld it back.... use MIG welding...
if u can;t find the parts over there & choose to weld it for temporary.. make sure the oil is totally clean from the crack line before weld... else it will not last long... mine welded for few months.. works fine... hehe

Just my 2cents.....

I would suggest welding it 1st.....so u can use the car but bring spare oil just in case and of course drive with eye looking on oil lites.....

long term is to get a new/used unit....but a good weld on the cover ( provided crack is not too bad ) will work as good as new....

thanks bros.....

my mech ask me to find it in kl. but for temporary repair he sent the thing for welding. but stil got leak lah. :cry:
he is still trying to tampal de leak donno how hes gonna do it lah. he said by tonite may be i can get my car back.
so bros, hakitrade ada ka this thing? if got can ask my brother to buy for me from there.

zamtresco will do so if i can get the parts

Top Bottom